Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Northwestern University alumnus James (Jim) S. Roberts studied history and took photographs during a tumultuous time on and off the campus. His photos (prints, color slides, and black-and-white negatives) include depictions of anti-war events such as the November 15, 1969 Moratorium march on Washington, D.C. and the May, 1970 strike at Northwestern University, as well as scenes from Cuernavaca, Mexico, and general student activities at Northwestern.
Dates: 1968 - 1972
Abstract American journalist Eric R. Lund was born to Swedish immigrants on November 1, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois. Lund attended Northwestern University 1942-1949 (B.S. in journalism). Lund worked primarily at the Evanston review and Chicago daily news. After the latter paper ceased publication, Lund undertook a number of research and editing projects. The Eric R. Lund papers cover Lund’s ancestry and life, including both his professional...
Dates: 1900 - 2006
Abstract The Andrew Shuman Collection consists of material from a family scrapbook. It contains some documents and memorabilia, but the major portion of the collection is correspondence to Andrew Shuman (1830 - 1890) or his son-in-law, Frank M. Elliot (1853 - 1919) who married Anna D. Shuman (1856 - 1936) in 1878.
Dates: c. 1850-1890
Abstract The Kenneth and Catherine Stilwell Papers include material dating from the period 1935-1950, reflecting their time as students at Northwestern.
Dates: 1935 - 1950
- Northwestern University Archives 3
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Englewood (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Journalism 1
- Journalists 1
- Letters to the editor 1
- Mexico 1
- San Francisco (Calif.)--Description and travel 1
- Swedish Americans 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Chicago daily news 1
- Elliot, Frank M., 1853-1919 1
- Evanston review 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1