Showing Collections: 21 - 33 of 33
Overview The National High School Music Institute was one of seven divisions of Northwestern University’s National High School Institute. The Records of the National High School Music Institute comprise four boxes of photographs, publications, audio recordings and promotional materials.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Collection contains posters relating to Northwestern University activities whose dates range roughly from 1900 to 2019 assembled by the University Archives. It is an expanding collection, with new items added as they come in.
Abstract Betty Ann Papangelis was a member of the Evanston (Illinois) Welfare Council and Evanston Community Foundation Board, a candidate for a seat on the District 65 School Board in the contentious 1970 election, and an alderman from Evanston's Eighth Ward (1975 to 1983). These papers pertain to the 1970 School Board election, and to a welfare relief commission in 1962; they correspond closely to materials in Northwestern University Archives Series 55/44, the Records of ...
Abstract The Practical Theatre Company (PTC) was a Chicago-based theatre company founded by Northwestern University students and active throughout the 1980s. Its productions included new plays, satiric agitprop, rock and roll events, and a series of successful improvisational comedy revues. The PTC, whose motto was “Art is Good”, is notable for the fact that the entire cast of its 1982 improvisational comedy revue, “The Golden 50th Anniversary Jubilee” (Brad Hall, Seinfeld star Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Gary...
Abstract The records of the University Architect span the years 1926 to 1977. They incorporate a variety of materials, ranging from building space requirements and descriptions by University faculty members of their research and teaching space needs, to correspondence, minutes, and reports, contracts, specifications, proposals in response to bid requests, reports of on-site engineering tests (caissons, compression, et al.), and detailed records of expenses and payments. Not all these varieties of...
Overview The Andrew Shuman Collection consists of material from a family scrapbook. It contains some documents and memorabilia, but the major portion of the collection is correspondence to Andrew Shuman (1830 - 1890) or his son-in-law, Frank M. Elliot (1853 - 1919) who married Anna D. Shuman (1856 - 1936) in 1878.
Abstract The University Club of Evanston was founded in 1904 to promote good fellowship among college men. The collection includes meeting announcements, correspondence, treasurers' files, invoices from local venders, and publications that provide a snapshot of Northwestern faculty and alumni life as well as the commercial life of Evanston.
Abstract This series comprises University Theatre production reports prepared by various production crew heads. The production reports for productions staged between 1934 and 1955 include such information as names of crew members, set and prop renderings, ground plans, reports of hours worked by student crew members and their grade evaluations. Reports without production numbers appended are interfiled chronologically within the series. These records correspond to the University Theatre Prompt Books...
Abstract The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
Overview The University Theatre Program collection consists of newspaper clippings, press releases, ticket stubs, flyers, schedules, and programs for productions by Northwestern University or at its Theatre and Interpretation Center.
Abstract The records contains the Minute Book of Northwestern Unviersity's University Union from its formation on November 5, 1900 through the 1915-16 program year. Entries cover both business and program meetings. The subject of each program is briefly described and the attendance estimated. There are numerous invitation cards and performance programs mounted in the Minute Book. This series also contains one folder of general correspondence composed primarily of thank you notes and invitation...
Overview Donald and Vera Ward were married graduates of Northwestern University with influential careers in the middle of the 20th century in Chicago-based radio, television, theatre, and the ministry. Donald’s successful and varied career spanned radio and television, Christian ministry, and higher education. Although her husband left the world of performing arts to become a Congregational pastor in 1959, the stage and screen remained Vera’s life’s work: she appeared in several acclaimed plays and...
Abstract The Women’s Educational Aid Association (WEAA; organized in 1871 as the Educational Association) was founded by Evanston women to help promote the higher education of deserving students at the Evanston College for Ladies. The Women’s Educational Aid Association records document the activities and operation of the organization. The series fills twelve boxes, including one card file box and three drop front boxes, and spans the period 1871-2000. Records are arranged into nine categories:...
- Subject: Evanston (Ill.) X
- Northwestern University Archives 32
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 4
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Photographs 3
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 2
- Ahmad, Maher 1
- Behrstock, Julian, 1916-1997 1
- Brodfuehrer family 1
- Brodfuehrer, Oscar M., 1889-1962 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Citizens for 65 1
- Elliot, Frank M., 1853-1919 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Evanston School District 65 1
- Evanston School District 65--Elections 1
- Fadiman, Clifton, 1904-1999 1
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Hurst, Fannie, 1889-1968 1
- Ickes, Harold L. (Harold LeClair), 1874-1952 1
- Laughtrack (Comedy group) 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Mayo, Charles W. (Charles William), 1898-1968 1
- Merchant's Lithographing Company 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Morton, Lorraine H., 1918-2018 1
- National High School Music Institute 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). A & O Productions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). General Faculty Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Theatre and Interpretation Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 1
- Papangelis, Betty Ann, 1925- 1
- Practical Theatre Company 1
- Reese, Theodore 1
- Saroyan, William, 1908-1981 1
- Shuman, Andrew, 1830-1890 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Terry, G. W. 1
- Theatre 65 1
- University Club of Evanston (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- University Union (Northwestern University) 1
- Ward, Donald B., 1919-1994 1
- Ward, Vera Bantz, 1922-2014 1
- Women's Educational Aid Association 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1 ∧ less