Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Gray C. Boyce taught medieval history at Northwestern University from 1946 until his retirement in the spring of 1967. He served as Department Chair, 1948-1966. The Gray Boyce Papers are held in three and a half archival boxes and divided into three subseries: Biographical, Scholarly and Correspondence. The bulk of the materials are in the Correspondence series.
College of Arts and Sciences History Department Course Materials: Syllabi, Assignments, and Examinations
This series contains History Department course materials including syllabi, assignments, examinations, and a small amount of lecture notes. The bulk of the materials are from the early 1970's.
This series is comprised of six boxes, of which five contain copies of papers written for Departmental Honors, History C98, between 1975 and 1986.
The Papers of Thomas William Heyck (also known as "T.W." and "Bill") document his career as educator and administrator at Northwestern University from 1968 to 2007. A scholar of British and Irish history, he was also involved in significant campus committee work, including establishing the Residential College system and chairing the Task Force on the Undergraduate Experience.
These records fill seven boxes and document the service to the History Department of its non-current faculty. The records include correspondence pertaining to appointments, salary adjustments, teaching assignments, leaves of absence, terminations of service, and retirements. Frequently included in the files are copies of vitae and teaching evaluations while less often found are letters of recommendation, placement service files, and other materials.
These records relate to individual candidates for graduate study (both M.A. and Ph.D. programs) in the Northwestern University History Department and span theyears 1977-87.
Charles N. Zucker was awarded a Ph.D. in history from Northwestern University in August, 1972. The title of his doctoral dissertation was The Free Negro Question: Race Relations in Ante-Bellum Illinois, 1801-1860. Zucker's papers fill four boxes and date largely from the time of his studies at Northwestern. Included are extensive course, lecture, and reading notes, syllabi, bibliographies, examinations, and other curricular materials.
- History--Study and teaching 14
- Europe--History--Study and teaching 3
- Great Britain--History--Study and teaching 2
- United States--History--Study and teaching 2
- Education--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 12
- Boyce, Gray Cowan, 1899-1981 2
- Brace, Richard M. (Richard Munthe), 1915-1977 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 2
- Carlson, Leland H. (Leland Henry), 1908-1995 1
- Grose, Clyde LeClare, 1899-1942 1
- Grose, Clyde LeClare, 1899-1942. Select bibliography of British history, 1660-1760 1
- Heyck, Thomas William, 1938-2014 1
- James, James Alton, 1864-1962 1
- Japan International Christian University 1
- Joravsky, David 1
- Leopold, Richard William 1
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-2012 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- North Park College and Theological Seminary--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Admission 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Examinations 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- Romani, George T. (George Thomas), 1917-1977 1
- Scott, Franklin D. (Franklin Daniel), 1901-1994 1
- Wiebe, Robert H. 1
- World Council of Churches 1
- Zucker, Charles N. (Charles Noye), 1945- 1 + ∧ less