Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Barbara Harris (1935-2018) Papers consists of 3 boxes devoted to materials related to the actress’s career on stage, film, and television. The materials span the years 1961 to 2011 and includes biographical materials, playbills, teaching notes, photographs, VHS and audiocassette tapes, and 1.86 gigabytes of digitized files.
The Mee-ow Show, an annual Northwestern University student-run comedy revue and improvisation show, was created as an alternative to NU's long-running student-produced Waa-Mu Show. The first Mee-ow Show was performed in spring, 1974. The records span the years 1974-2004, with a significant portion of the material from the first show. Records vary from year to year, and may include scripts, programs, audition flyers and forms, budget information, clippings and cast information.
Paul Sills and Viola Spolin Oral History Collection is a project to collect oral histories documenting improvisational theatre, particularly in the Chicago region.
The Piven Theatre Workshop, a theatre educational center and professional theatre company in Evanston, Illinois, was founded by Joyce and Byrne Piven. The Records include the Piven Theatre Company’s production and events files, photographs, teaching materials, public relations material, Joyce Piven’s subject files, audiovisual recordings, project grant files, and posters.
The David Shepherd (1924-2018) Papers consists of 36 boxes and 24.1 gigabytes of born-digital files containing materials related to his work in improvisational theater.
- Subject: Improvisation (Acting) X
- Northwestern University Archives 4
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 3
- Improvisation (Acting) 4
- Theater 4
- Acting games 2
- Improvisation (Acting)--Study and teaching 2
- Theatrical companies 2
- Actors 1
- Actresses 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- College theater 1
- Drama in education 1
- Drama--Study and teaching 1
- Improvisation (Acting)--Societies, etc. 1
- Theater--Production and direction 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Theatrical producers and directors 1 + ∧ less
- Compass Players (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Second City (Theater company) 2
- Shepherd, David, 1924-2018 2
- Sills, Paul, 1927-2008 2
- Spolin, Viola 2
- Harris, Barbara, 1935-2018 1
- Larson, Mark (Mark Allen) 1
- Mee-Ow Show (Northwestern University) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 1
- Piven Theatre Workshop 1
- Practical Theatre Company 1
- Sills, Aretha Amelia 1
- Spolin Center 1
- Story Theater (Theater company) 1
- United States. Works Progress Administration. Recreation Division 1 + ∧ less