Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
A collection of predominantly music manuscripts and scores with some papers by composer and former Northwestern University School of Music professor Wesley La Violette.
Light Opera Works is a non-for-profit, professional musical theatre company founded in 1980. In addition to producing three to four shows per year, Light Opera Works puts on annual benefits and concerts. The records of Light Opera Works include contact sheets, marketing, correspondence, press clippings, press releases, stage, set and costume designs, photographic slides, financial ledgers, and audiocassette tapes that relate to the creative and business history of the company.
The collection consists of music manuscript scores, music notebooks and lecture notebooks by former Northwestern University School of Music professor Albert Noelte. A few accompanying papers documenting either Noelte's career, background or tenure at Northwestern are also included.
Elizabeth Wysor was an American opera singer and educator. On May 15, 1953 she was appointed assistant professor of voice at the School of Music at Northwestern University, where she taught mainly applied voice, phonetics and diction. She retired in 1970. Her papers fill 7 boxes and span the years 1927 through 2000. Included are professional biographical materials, concert programs, recital announcements, correspondence, publicity materials, and phonograph records.
- Subject: Opera X
- Music Library 2
- Northwestern University Archives 2
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- Chamber music 2
- Choral music 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Chicago Theatre of the Air (Radio program) 1
- Classical music radio programs 1
- Freedom of the press 1
- Music--19th century--Manuscripts 1
- Music--20th century--Manuscripts 1
- Musical theater 1
- Opera companies 1
- Singers 1
- Singing--Study and teaching 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American--20th century 1
- Theatrical companies 1
- United States 1 + ∧ less
- La Violette, Wesley, 1894-1978 1
- Light Opera Works (Theater company) 1
- McCormick, Robert R. (Robert Rutherford), 1880-1955 1
- Noelte, A. Albert, 1885-1946 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1