Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Paul Heller was born in Komotau, Bohemia, Austro-Hungary (now the city of Chomutov in the Czech Republic), on August 8, 1914. The Paul Heller collection fills 8 boxes and spans the years 1934-2014. The collection is divided into four sections: personal papers (including his Holocaust diary), professional papers (documenting his career as a physician), books, and multimedia items.
Abstract This collection contains documents relating to the administration of the Medical Specialty Training Program (a division within Northwestern University's Medical School) for the years 1936-1951. It includes correspondence to and from program administrators, faculty and affiliated hospitals, some financial records generated by the program, minutes from committee meetings relating to the program and records of doctors enrolled in the program.
Abstract The Medical Council Records fill two boxes and date between 1914 to 1949, with the bulk of the records dating between 1943 and 1949, documenting the Medical School deanship of J. Roscoe Miller. Records consist primarily of notes and minutes of the meetings held within this time period.
Abstract Dr. Louis E. Schmidt had a distinguished medical career as a medical educator and surgeon, but is best known for a stormy controversy involving his Illinois Social Hygiene League and medical advertising, which resulted in his expulsion from the Chicago Medical Society and the American Medical Associastion. The bulk of the papers relate to the expulsion controversy (1929-1930) but the collection also includes clippings, biographical files, and subject files reflecting Schmidt's interest in...
Abstract Northwestern alumnus Dr. Quentin Young advocated for progressive policy reform in medicine throughout his career. His Papers fill 47 boxes, and document his life and the organizations he founded or was affiliated with.
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 3
- American Medical Association 1
- Chicago Medical Society 1
- Cook County Hospital (Chicago, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Heller, Paul, 1914-2001 1
- Illinois State Medical Society 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Specialty Training Program 1
- Schmidt, Louis E. (Louis Ernst), 1869-1957 1
- Young, Quentin, 1923-2016 1 ∧ less