Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Evanston Academy Student Records
This series consists of academic records of students enrolled in the Evanston Academy between 1900 and 1917. It also includes a few student's records from as early as 1890.
Dates: approximately 1900 - 1917
Evanston Academy's The Bear
Abstract The Bear was the annual publication of the senior class of the Evanston Academy (a preparatory school run by Northwestern University). It appeared regularly from 1907 through 1917. The Bear provides a record of student life at the Evanston Academy. In addition to detailing notable events and extracurricular activities, it serves as a chronologically-organized profile of the student body. The...
Philomathia Society (1868-1917) Minute Books
Abstract The Philomathia Society Minute Books record the minutes of this Northwestern Academy literary society from its inception on May 8, 1868, to its final meeting on May 4, 1917, with a break of over 11 years, from February 1893 to September 1904. Philomathia, meaning “love of learning,” was founded to “supplement the routine of school-work by providing an opportunity for original thinking and expression,” according to an essay in the 1907 Academy annual, The Bear (p.38). The Society met on an...
Northwestern University Preparatory School Record of Standing
Collection — Volume: 1
The Northwestern University Preparatory School Record of Standing records the academic and deportment scores for students for the 1879-1880 school year.
- Preparatory school students 2
- Preparatory schools 2
- Literature--Societies, etc. 1
- Preparatory school students--Periodicals 1
- Preparatory school students--Societies and clubs 1
- Preparatory schools--Periodicals 1 + ∧ less
- Evanston Academy 2
- Evanston Academy--Students 1
- Northwestern University Academy--Students 1
- Northwestern University Preparatory School 1
- Northwestern University Preparatory School--Students 1
- Philomathia Society 1 + ∧ less