Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection includes 49 images from a student-led protest of the Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) recruitment on campus on November 14, 1988. Multiple student organizations vehemently opposed the CIA’s presence on campus and started calling for action and/or protests. This collection also includes a small selection of articles from the Daily Northwestern describing the incident.
The Anti-Vietnam War Strike Materials Collection comprises a diverse assortment of documents and other materials relating to the University-wide strike that took place over a seven day period in May of 1970. The collection of newspaper clippings, press releases, flyers, and memos records the events of the strike and its aftermath through the summer and fall of 1970.
Collection consists of the records of the Fort Jackson 8, members of the organization GIs United Against the War in Vietnam who were put in military prison for their antiwar activism, dating circa 1969 January-May.
Northwestern University alumnus James (Jim) S. Roberts studied history and took photographs during a tumultuous time on and off the campus from 1969 to 1972. His photos (prints, color slides, and black-and-white negatives) include depictions of anti-war events such as the November 15, 1969 Moratorium march on Washington, D.C. and the May, 1970 strike at Northwestern University, as well as scenes from Cuernavaca, Mexico, and general student activities at Northwestern.
The Student Protests and Strikes Collection consists of diverse materials that document political demonstrations and protests organized by students, spanning from August 1965 through October 1979. Each event included in this collection documents a segment of the history of Northwestern students' political activism.
- Subject: Protest movements X
- Northwestern University Archives 6
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 5
- College students--Political activity 4
- Protest movements 3
- Student strikes 2
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Recruiting 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Intelligence officers--Recruiting 1
- Mexico 1
- Northwestern Anti-Vietnam War Strike, Evanston, Ill., 1970 1
- Soldiers--Political activity 1
- Student movements 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 3
- Blackstock, Nelson, 1944-2018 1
- Doyle, Sandy M. 1
- Fort Jackson GIs United 1