Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Both Northwestern University's Evanston Campus and the city of Evanston originated with the purchase of 379 acres from John H. Foster by the University's Trustees in 1853. Over the next twelve years the University opened its doors, the village of Evanston was platted, recorded and incorporated, and the University acquired additional real estate holdings. The Trustees purchased the Billings, Robinson, and Snyder farms and were made a gift of lands owned by Orrington Lunt. These holdings made...
Abstract This series consists of six land books. The books detail the University's real estate holdings and transactions from 1856 to 1942.
Abstract This series is comprised of cancelled leases on property owned by Northwestern University.