Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Col. Robert R. McCormick delivered a weekly radio address over WGN, and spoke frequently on other occasions. This series consists of collections of printed versions of his addresses (including some typescripts) that have been bound into volumes. His talks cover a wide range of topics, but primarily involve his views on the United States, relations with other countries (including World War II), the Army, and the newspaper business.
The Robert H. Strotz Speeches comprise five and one half boxes and span the years 1971 through 1984. The files contain photocopies or, in some cases, ribbon copies of speeches or outlines of speeches given by Robert H. Strotz in his capacity as President of Northwestern University (1970-84).
- Subject: Speeches, addresses, etc., American--20th century X
- Northwestern University Archives 2
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 2
- United States 2
- Chicago Theatre of the Air (Radio program) 1
- Classical music radio programs 1
- Freedom of the press 1
- Newspaper publishing 1
- McCormick, Robert R. (Robert Rutherford), 1880-1955 2
- Kirk Oratorical Contest 1
- Kirk Oratory Contest 1
- Northern Oratorical League 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1