Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Frank Galati Papers fill 38 boxes and span the years 1948-2006; the bulk of the papers date between 1965 and 2005. The papers consist mostly of scripts and other notes from the plays he wrote, directed or in which he acted. Biographical files include personal information about Galati and his family. They also include resumes (Box 1, Folder 1), drafts of speeches he made (Box 1, Folder 6) and materials from awards he received and workshops he attended (Box 1, Folder 7).
Dates: 1948 - 2014; Other: Majority of material found within 1965 - 2005
Abstract The series is comprised of Donald H. Horton's photographs documenting curricular affairs, theatrical productions, student activities, and special events sponsored by the Northwestern University School of Speech. The photographs, in print format of various standard sizes, date from the summer of 1940 when Horton was a student at the School. Included among the photographs are several notable images of School of Speech faculty and of Carl Sandburg's and Edgar Bergen's visits to the Northwestern...
Abstract The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
Abstract Winifred Louise Ward began her studies as an undergraduate student at Northwestern University's Cumnock School of Oratory. After two years of directing plays and declamation contests, and teaching grade school she attended the University of Chicago. She received her Ph.D. in education in 1918. Soon after, Ward was asked to teach at Northwestern University's School of Oratory and that year began as an instructor and assistant professor, a career which was to last until her retirement in 1950....
- College theater 3
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- Children's theater 1
- Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Bergen, Edgar, 1903-1978 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Dennis, Ralph B. (Ralph Brownell), 1876-1942 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Horton, Donald H., 1908-1992 1
- Mearns, Hughes, 1875-1965 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 1
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Ward, Winifred, 1884-1975 1 ∧ less