Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The Papers of Bud Beyer, NU alumnus and long-time (1972-2008) faculty member at NU's School of Communication, include biographical files, teaching materials, professional activities, and shows. The bulk of the collection consists of notes, scripts and clippings from Beyer's work as a mime instructor and from theatrical productions he directed.
The records of the Children's Theatre of Evanston (Illinois) date from 1925 to 1986, with the bulk of the records falling between 1957 and 1986. The records are concerned with administration, education, fundraising, and production. They document the Theatre's changing relationships with Northwestern University and School District 65; the practice of Winifred Ward's drama education theory at public schools in Evanston; and Theatre performances between 1925 and 1986.
James F. Coakley joined Northwestern University's theatre faculty as Assistant Professor of Theatre in 1971. The James F. Coakley Papers, spanning the years from 1960 through 1993, comprise three boxes and are arranged in seven sub-series: biographical materials, education, scripts, publications, research, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
The papers of costume designer Virgil Johnon, Northwestern University alumnus and faculty member in the School of Communication (1969-2007), include biographical and teaching files as well as costume and stage sketches and production material.
The papers of Charlotte I. Lee (Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1945; member of the University's Department of Interpretation faculty, 1945-1974) consist of biographical materials, correspondence dating from 1960-1986, publication and lecture materials, course grades and Northwestern University alumni fundraising records. Biographical materials, correspondence, and publications and lecture materials comprise the bulk of the collection.
The Piven Theatre Workshop, a theatre educational center and professional theatre company in Evanston, Illinois, was founded by Joyce and Byrne Piven. The Records include the Piven Theatre Company’s production and events files, photographs, teaching materials, public relations material, Joyce Piven’s subject files, audiovisual recordings, project grant files, and posters.
This series is comprised of the administrative records of the Theatre Department of Northwestern University's School of Speech. The series, mainly comprised of departmental correspondence and a few subject files, spans the years from 1950 through 1977.
Teacher, critic, and parodist Walter B. Scott taught Dramatic Literature in Northwestern's School of Speech (now the School of Communication) from 1939-1976. His Papers document his life, teaching career, and writings. A highlight of the collection is Scott's engagement with a vibrant group of colleagues.
Louann K. Hurter attended Northwestern University where she took a bachelor of science degree in 1949 and a master of arts degree in 1951; both degrees were in Speech. The Louann Hurter Van Zelst papers fill one box and are comprised mainly of course materials relating to her studies in dramatic production at Northwestern.
- Children's theater 3
- Theater--Production and direction 3
- College theater 1
- Costume 1
- Costume designers 1
- Drama--Study and teaching 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Improvisation (Acting)--Study and teaching 1
- Mime--Study and teaching 1
- Mimes 1
- Motion picture art directors 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Theater 1
- Theatrical companies 1
- Women college students 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 7
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Interpretation 2
- Ahmad, Maher 1
- Asolo Theater (Sarasota, Fla.) 1
- Beyer, Bud 1
- Breen, Gertrude, 1911-1992 1
- Breen, Robert S. 1
- Coakley, James Francis, 1933-2014 1
- Dennis, Ralph B. (Ralph Brownell), 1876-1942 1
- DuVivier, David, 1911-1994 1
- Ellmann, Richard, 1918-1987 1
- Graff, Gerald 1
- Hayford, Harrison 1
- Heston, Lilla, 1927-1984 1
- Johnson, Virgil C. 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Lee, Charlotte I. 1
- Machan, Katharyn Howd, 1952- 1
- Mearns, Hughes, 1875-1965 1
- Mitchell, Lee, 1906-1988 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 1
- Piven Theatre Workshop 1
- Scott, Elizabeth Franklin, 1906-2002 1
- Scott, W. B. (Walter Bernard), 1906-1980 1
- Second City (Theater company) 1
- Speech Communication Association. Interpretation Division 1
- Theatre 65 1
- Thurman, Anne H. 1
- Van Zelst, Louann 1
- Ward, Winifred, 1884-1975 1 + ∧ less