Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Frank A. (Francis Auten) Spencer received a bachelor's degree in economics from Northwestern University, and serviced in the U.S. Army Air Transport Command during World War II. He worked as a commercial pilot for American Airlines from 1944 to 1973. He served as a negotiator for the Air Line Pilots Association for fourteen years. Thereafter, he was National Secretary of the same union for eight years. After his retirement, became a consultant for the Allied Pilots Association. Spencer joined...
Abstract This series, comprised of reports produced by the Northwestern University Microwave Laboratory, fills three boxes and spans the period 1946–1955. The reports, issued under contracts to the United States Army Signal Corps, are arranged first by contract then sequentially by report number. Topics of research include multiplex wave guide systems, wave propagation in dielectric tubes investigations of multi-mode propagation in waveguides and microwave optics, communications circuitry research, and...
Abstract Class rosters, course and lecture outlines, syllabi, and reading materials relating to the Traffic Institute's training program for transportation and distribution executives are found in this series. Materials pertaining to the 1963 and 1964 programs are included.
Abstract This collection of audio recordings documents eight seminar and lecture programs sponsored by the Northwestern University Transportation Center. These programs were tailored specifically to the needs of transportation and logistics professionals. Some miscellaneous recordings of other events promoted by the Transportation Center are also included. All recordings are in seven-inch open-reel format.
Dates: 1957 - 1979
Abstract This series fills three boxes and is comprised of research and consulting reports published or issued by the Northwestern University Transportation Center. Although the series spans the years from 1966-1982, the majority date from the period 1977-1982.
- Urban transportation--Research 2
- Air pilots 1
- Business logistics 1
- Executives--Training of 1
- Local transit--Economic aspects 1
- Microwave communication systems--United States 1
- Microwaves--Military applications--United States 1
- Physical distribution of goods 1
- Transportation 1
- Transportation and state--United States--Study and teaching 1
- Transportation--Management 1
- Urban transportation--Economic aspects 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Transportation Center 3
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Microwave Laboratory 1
- Spencer, Francis A. (Francis Auten), 1913-2001 1
- Transportation Center at Northwestern University 1