Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: MS62 MS86
Abstract The McCormick Library has several collections that contain correspondence, diaries, and other materials related to the Civil War era. Some materials describe the experiences of soldiers during the war, or who served in the territories; others document the “home front” trials and anxieties, and some provide reflections or analysis after the war.
Abstract The Naval V-12 Program was established by the War Department on university campuses during World War II to provide the Navy with a continuous supply of officers. Northwestern University's V-12 unit was formed in July, 1943. The records of the V-12 program consist of Regulation and Organization manuals, lists of faculty and their teaching loads, administrative correspondence, clippings, and various class lists and course descriptions.
Abstract A collection of records documenting the sacrifice of Illinois residents who died in service to the United States military in the years after September 11, 2001. The collection reflects Illinois Lieutenant Governor, later Governor, Pat Quinn’s efforts to honor both the fallen and their families.
Dates: 2004 - 2017
Abstract This series consists of applications for admission and induction record cards for students joining the Northwestern University unit of the Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.). The series fills two boxes and dates from 1918.
Abstract During WWII, Northwestern offered its facilities for use by the War Department. All together eleven specific training programs were operated at Northwestern in addition to the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (Naval R.O.T.C.). This series consists of three and one half-size boxes of records of the University's Naval programs which span the period from 1934-1960. The bulk of the records deal with the Technological Institute's administration of the naval programs in general, but there are...
Abstract This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The card for an individual typically records name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
Dates: ca. 1917-1919
Abstract This series consists of U.S. Army Training School records documenting the training of individuals at Northwestern. Taking the form of pre-printed index cards or certificates completed for each student enrolled in Training School courses, the records typically include the following information: student's full name, permanent address, course and dates of study, and course rating. Also noted are ratings for aptitude in occupational categories and, occasionally, physical ratings as well as other...
Abstract The series consists of war service records for regularly and nominally-enrolled Northwestern students who served in the military or trained for military duty during the time of World War I.
Dates: ca. 1917-1919
Abstract The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- Subject: United States--Armed Forces X
- Northwestern University Archives 9
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 4
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 4
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Military education 2
- Naval education--Illinois--Evanston 2
- United States--Armed Forces 2
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- Illinois 1
- Military casualties 1
- Soldiers 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- United States--Politics and government--1861-1865 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 4
- United States. Army. Students' Army Training Corps 2
- Bilbie, Henry G., 1838-1920 1
- Civilian Pilot Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Cutler, Julia Perkins, 1814-1904 1
- Dorr, J. B. (Joseph Bartlett), 1825-1865 1
- Graves, Abraham D., 1826-1907 1
- King, Sherwin Warren, 1839-1863 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Quinn, Pat 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy--Officers--Training of 1
- United States. War Department 1
- United States. War Department. Army Training School 1
- Weaver, Willis, 1846-1929 1 ∧ less