Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Joseph Bartlett Dorr (1825-1865), left the management of the Dubuque Herald to recruit soldiers for the 12 th Regiment of the Iowa Volunteers in 1861.The Dorr Collection consists of manuscripts, documents, journal entries, and family correspondence written between 1837 and 1902.
Dates: 1837 - 1902; Other: Majority of material found within 1861 - 1865
Abstract Correspondence, research notes, mapas, proofs, and reviews of McCormick's book Ulysses S. Grant (New York and London: D. Appleton-Century, Inc., 1934; also New York: Bond-Wheelwright, 1950).
Dates: 1933 - 1934
Abstract Melvin A. Pingree was a Northwestern University student in the 1860s. His photograph collection contains carte-de-visite photographs of Northwestern students and faculty, as well as Civil War soldiers and officers.
Found in: Northwestern University Archives
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 2
- Northwestern University Archives 1
- Photographs 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Prisoners and prisons 1
- Dorr family 1
- Dorr, J. B. (Joseph Bartlett), 1825-1865 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- McCormick, Robert R. (Robert Rutherford), 1880-1955 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1