Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Frank Hughes (1908-1972) during his 29-year tenure at the Chicago Tribune (1942-1971).
Dates: 1943 - 1968
Abstract The Fred Finkelstein Papers consist of materials relating to his project on McCarthyism at Northwestern, a final copy of which is located in the first folder of this series. Materials include correspondence exchanged in 1979, original correspondence forwarded to Finkelstein by his correspondents, copies of documents from the University Archives or elsewhere, and Finkelstein's research notecards.
Found in: Northwestern University Archives
Abstract The papers of Robert R. McCormick (editor and publisher of the Chicago tribune) consist primarily of business correspondence dating from 1927-1955. This correspondence does not relate directly to the Chicago Tribune, but includes a great deal of material on organizations related to the newspaper publishing business and various political personages and departments, freedom of the press issues and some personal and family...
Dates: 1927 - 1955
- Subject: United States--Politics and government--1945-1953 X
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 2
- Northwestern University Archives 1
- Anti-communist movements 1
- Freedom of the press 1
- Journalists 1
- Newspaper publishing 1
- United States--Politics and government--1923-1929 1
- United States--Politics and government--1929-1933 1
- United States--Politics and government--1933-1945 1
- United States--Politics and government--1953-1961 1 ∧ less
- Chicago tribune 1
- Finkelstein, Fred S., 1957- 1
- Hughes, Frank, 1908-1972 1
- McCarthy, Joseph, 1908-1957 1
- McCormick family 1