Showing Collections: 21 - 37 of 37
Abstract The Records of the Northwestern Female College date from 1855 to 1976 and comprise one linear foot of historical materials, minutes, correspondence, financial documents, and publications.
Abstract The Register of the Woman's College is a chronological listing of students in the College ("Woman's Hall” beginning in the fall of 1892). It contains sections for the Spring and Fall terms of 1874 and for each of the three academic terms (Fall, Winter, and Spring) from Fall 1876 through Spring 1896.
Abstract NUBIA (Northwestern University Black-Wimmin In Action) was established in October 1990 to address the needs of African-American women--faculty, staff, and students--at Northwestern University. The records of NUBIA, filling one box and spanning the years 1990-2001, document the foundation and major activities of the organization. They consist of organizational documents, meeting agendas and minutes, membership lists, activities announcements and handouts, general and activities-related...
Abstract The materials in the Helen Paddock scrapbook date between 1910 and 1915 and document her social, academic, and family life at Northwestern University. Included are photographs, newspaper clippings, dance cards, and other memorabilia.
Abstract This series, filling two boxes, spans the dates 1913 to 1998, with the bulk of the records dating between 1970 and 1985. Materials included cover organizational records, clippings, minutes, activity records, publications, and records related to Student Government.
Abstract Nancy Ellen (Rennick) Price was a member of the class of 1954 of Northwestern University's College of Liberal Arts. Her papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951 to 1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
Abstract The series includes a scrapbook and a daily calendar. The scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1914 and features a variety of materials pertaining mainly to Robinson's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern. The daily calendar dates from 1910 and includes, for the most part, abbreviated accounts of Robinson's social engagements.
Overview Mary Scriver attended Northwestern University from 1958-1961 and was a student of Alvina Krause, Associate Professor of Dramatic Production, 1957-1961. Her papers are directly related to her experience as a student of Krause, consisting of class notes and writings, and later, correspondence with classmates and friends associated with Krause. The Mary Scriver Papers fill five boxes and span the years from 1950-2012.
Abstract The materials in the Edith Sternfeld scrapbook date between 1917 and 1921 and document Sternfeld's social and academic life at Northwestern University.
Abstract Louann K. Hurter attended Northwestern University where she took a bachelor of science degree in 1949 and a master of arts degree in 1951; both degrees were in Speech. The Louann Hurter Van Zelst papers fill one box and are comprised mainly of course materials relating to her studies in dramatic production at Northwestern.
Abstract Macha Lucile Vance received a diploma from Northwestern University's School of Oratory in 1903, and returned to the University in 1906 to pursue post-graduate study in the School of Oratory. Her papers papers fill one box and consist mainly of notebooks containing literary excerpts, other readings, and voice and gesture exercises for use in elocution and oratorical training. These notebooks, dating between 1901 and 1904, relate to Vance's studies at Northwestern as well as to her private speech...
Abstract This series consists of an album and diary kept by Carrie M. Walkup, a student at Northwestern Female College in the 1860s, and a journal kept by her husband, A.V. Teeple. Her journals provide insight into student life and rules during the Amerivcan Civil War, the Copperhead convention, and the Presidential election of 1864.
Abstract The Myrtle Whitney Papers consist of the correspondence and personal papers of Northwestern University student Myrtle Viola Whitney. The collection depicts the life of a female Northwestern student in the 1890s.
Abstract The Records of the Woman's College of Northwestern University span from 1872 to 1893, with the bulk of the series dating from 1874 to 1886. Correspondence files (1874-1886) comprise mainly incoming correspondence relating to College students, events, and facilities. The collection includes a scrapbook, reports, minutes, bulletins and circulars.
Abstract The records of the Women's Center fill three boxes, spanning the years 1986 to 1991, and consist of general administration files, correspondence, program files, applications for grants, and flyers. The administrative materials and correspondence span 1986 to 1990. The correspondence is general and specific. Grant proposals range from 1986 to 1989. The program files include the Campus Climate Project (CCP) and the Sexual Assault Education Program (SAEP). The CCP files, from 1986 to 1990,...
Abstract The Women's Self-Government Association Scrapbook spans approximately the years 1926 to 1933 and provides a wide overview of the organization's responsibilities and activities throughout this period, predominantly with newspaper clippings from the Daily Northwestern. There are over sixty pages of newspaper clippings dealing with most aspects of the WSGA: including the setting and implementation of house rules, the requirements to attend away games, the...
Abstract The Northwestern University YWCA records document the activities and operation of the organization. The collection fills one archival box, one small and two large drop front boxes and spans the years 1901-1962, with the bulk of the records dating between 1940 and 1950. The records consist of a variety of formats of books and scrapbooks, falling into two categories: Histories and Records, and Scrapbooks. ...
- Subject: Women college students--Illinois--Evanston X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 12
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 9
- Woman's College of Northwestern University 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1980 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Gilbert, Barry, 1876-1961 1
- Gilbert, Mary Ramage Peterson, 1876-1954 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- North-Western Female College 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Black-Wimmin in Action 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Rostker, Patricia Murphey, 1921-2011 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Strachan Scriver, Mary, 1939- 1
- Teeple, A. V. 1
- Van Zelst, Louann 1
- Walkup, Carrie M. 1
- Whitney, Myrtle Viola 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Northwestern University Chapter) 1 ∧ less