Showing Collections: 21 - 37 of 37
Abstract The Josie B. Crandon Nash Papers consist of correspondence received by Nash, a Northwestern alumna (College of Liberal Arts, 1887), between 1888 and 1901, and illuminate the social life of a young married woman at the turn of the century.
Abstract The Records of the Northwestern Female College date from 1855 to 1976 and comprise one linear foot of historical materials, minutes, correspondence, financial documents, and publications.
Abstract The Register of the Woman's College is a chronological listing of students in the College ("Woman's Hall” beginning in the fall of 1892). It contains sections for the Spring and Fall terms of 1874 and for each of the three academic terms (Fall, Winter, and Spring) from Fall 1876 through Spring 1896.
Abstract The Records of NUBIA document the foundation and major activities of a campus-based black women's group. Records, filling one box and spanning the years 1990-2001, consist of organizational documents, meeting agendas and minutes, membership lists, activities announcements and handouts, general and activities-related correspondence, and the organization's cookbook.
Abstract The materials in the Helen Paddock scrapbook date between 1910 and 1915 and document her social, academic, and family life at Northwestern University. Included are photographs, newspaper clippings, dance cards, and other memorabilia.
Abstract This series, filling two boxes, spans the dates 1913 to 1998, with the bulk of the records dating between 1970 and 1985. Materials included cover organizational records, clippings, minutes, activity records, publications, and records related to Student Government.
Abstract Nancy Ellen Rennick (Price) was a member of the College of Liberal Arts, Northwestern University, class of 1954. The papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951-1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
Abstract The series includes a scrapbook and a daily calendar. The scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1914 and features a variety of materials pertaining mainly to Robinson's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern. The daily calendar dates from 1910 and includes, for the most part, abbreviated accounts of Robinson's social engagements.
Overview The Mary Scriver Papers fill five boxes and span the years from 1950-2012. Ms. Scriver attended Northwestern University from 1958-1961 and was a student of Alvina Krause, Associate Professor of Dramatic Production, 1957-1961. Her papers are directly related to her experience as a student of Ms. Krause, consisting of class notes and writings, and later, correspondence with classmates and friends associated with Ms. Krause.
Collection — Box 1
Abstract The materials in the Edith Sternfeld scrapbook date between 1917 and 1921 and document Sternfeld's social and academic life at Northwestern University.
Abstract Louann K. Hurter attended Northwestern University where she took a bachelor of science degree in 1949 and a master of arts degree in 1951; both degrees were in Speech. The Louann Hurter Van Zelst papers fill one box and are comprised mainly of course materials relating to her studies in dramatic production at Northwestern.
Abstract The Macha L. Vance papers fill one box and are comprised mainly of notebooks containing literary excerpts, other readings, and voice and gesture exercises for use in elocution and oratorical training. These notebooks, dating between 1901 and 1904, relate to Vance's studies at Northwestern as well as to her private speech and elocution lessons.
Abstract Three volumes of journals kept by Carrie M. Walkup, a student at Northwestern Female College in the 1860s. The journals provide insight into student life and rules as well as information on being a student during the Civil War, the Copperhead convention, and the Presidential election of 1864.
Abstract The Records of the Woman's College of Northwestern University span from 1872 to 1893, with the bulk of the series dating from 1874 to 1886. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence, but a scrapbook, reports, minutes, bulletins and circulars are also included. Arranged according to the administrative succession of the Woman's College, Correspondence files span from 1874 to 1886 and comprise mainly incoming correspondence relating to College students, events, and facilities....
Abstract The records of the Women's Center fill three boxes, spanning the years 1986 to 1991, and consist of general administration files, correspondence, program files, applications for grants, and flyers. The administrative materials and correspondence span 1986 to 1990. The correspondence is general and specific. Grant proposals range from 1986 to 1989. The program files include the Campus Climate Project (CCP) and the Sexual Assault Education Program (SAEP). The CCP files, from 1986 to 1990,...
Abstract The Women's Self-Government Association Scrapbook spans approximately the years 1926 to 1933 and provides a wide overview of the organization's responsibilities and activities throughout this period, predominantly with newspaper clippings from the Daily Northwestern. There are over sixty pages of newspaper clippings dealing with most aspects of the WSGA: including the setting and implementation of house rules, the requirements to attend away games, the...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The Northwestern University YWCA records document the activities and operation of the organization. The collection fills one archival box, one small and two large drop front boxes and spans the years 1901-1962, with the bulk of the records dating between 1940 and 1950. The records consist of a variety of formats of books and scrapbooks, falling into two categories: Histories and Records, and Scrapbooks. ...
- Subject: Women college students--Illinois--Evanston X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 12
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 9
- Woman's College of Northwestern University 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1980 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Gilbert, Barry, 1876-1961 1
- Gilbert, Mary Ramage Peterson, 1876-1954 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- North-Western Female College 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Black-Wimmin in Action 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Rostker, Patricia Murphey, 1921-2011 1
- Scriver, Mary Strachan, 1939- 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Teeple, A. V. 1
- Van Zelst, Louann 1
- Walkup, Carrie M. 1
- Whitney, Myrtle Viola 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Northwestern University Chapter) 1 ∧ less