Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract The 12th General Hospital Collection is comprised of the papers of Michael L. Mason, James A. Conner, and Paul Raber who served as part of Northwestern University's 12th General Hospital Unit stationed in North Africa and Italy during World War II.
Dates: 1916 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1942 - 1945
Abstract Colonel Robert R. McCormick's personal correspondence primarily for the years 1920-1955, as maintained by his secretaries.
Dates: 1920 - 1955
Abstract In the first part of 1915, Robert R. McCormick and photographer Donald C. Thompson traveled to France and Russia to gather first-hand information on the war. Thompson and McCormick created approximately 200 still images (possibly more), and Thompson shot motion picture film. Thompson and McCormick appear then to have parted company: McCormick returned to the United States via Sweden and Norway, but Thompson remainded in Europe. McCormick wrote about his experiences in the book ...
Abstract The Northwestern University Law School Newsletter was first published during the First World War and sent to students and alumni in the military. With the advent of the Second World War, the newsletter was resurrected and sent to hundreds of Northwestern Law School alumni and students serving in the military. In addition to the newsletters, the Northwestern University Law School Newsletter Records include correspondence between the editor of the newsletter and U.S. servicemen during the Second...
Dates: 1917-1919; 1942-1946
Abstract This series consists of applications for admission and induction record cards for students joining the Northwestern University unit of the Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.). The series fills two boxes and dates from 1918.
Abstract This series consists of visual materials collected by Chicago Tribune staff from various sources. The series consists chiefly of original photographs, but includes some clippings from non-Tribune sources. Most of the photographs bear descriptive captions. The portion of this collection that was transferred into the Tribune Company Archives, and later to Northwetern University, covers only World War I
Dates: 1900 - 1950
Abstract U.S. Army Base Hospital No. 12 (Chicago Unit), frequently referred to as the Northwestern University Base Hospital, was organized in October 1916 to assist the Allied war effort in Europe, and revived in World War II. Records from various souurces include clippings, programs, poems, newsletters, journals, published articles, memorabilia, correspondence, photographs, and a scrapbook.
Abstract This series consists of one volume of Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.) dcoumenting its accounts during its existence at Northwestern during/post World War I.
Abstract This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The card for an individual typically records name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
Dates: ca. 1917-1919
Abstract This series consists of U.S. Army Training School records documenting the training of individuals at Northwestern. Taking the form of pre-printed index cards or certificates completed for each student enrolled in Training School courses, the records typically include the following information: student's full name, permanent address, course and dates of study, and course rating. Also noted are ratings for aptitude in occupational categories and, occasionally, physical ratings as well as other...
Abstract The series consists of war service records for regularly and nominally-enrolled Northwestern students who served in the military or trained for military duty during the time of World War I.
Dates: ca. 1917-1919
Abstract The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 X
- Northwestern University Archives 8
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 3
- Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 5
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 4
- World War, 1914-1918 4
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 3
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Hospitals, Military 1
- Medicine, Military 1
- Military education 1
- Pediatrics 1
- Periodicals 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Russia--Armed Forces 1
- Surgery, Military 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Medical care 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Veterans 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Medical care 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- Multiple languages 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 4
- United States. Army. Students' Army Training Corps 3
- McCormick, Robert R. (Robert Rutherford), 1880-1955 2
- Alumni Association of Northwestern University School of Law 1
- Conner, James A. (James Augustus), 1903-2001 1
- Mason, Michael L., 1895-1963 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Medicine 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Periodicals 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law. Newsletter 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Raber, Paul A. (Paul Arthur), 1914-1997 1
- Russia. Armii︠a︡ 1
- Thompson, Donald C., 1885-1947 1
- Tribune Company 1
- United States. Army--Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army. Base Hospital No. 12 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- United States. War Department. Army Training School 1 ∧ less