Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The 12th General Hospital Collection is comprised of the papers of Michael L. Mason and James A. Conner, who served as part of Northwestern University's 12th General Hospital Unit stationed in North Africa and Italy during World War II.
Dates: 1916 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1942 - 1945
Content Description The collection consists of 25 Sinhalese olas (manuscripts written on palm leaves) from Ceylon on medical subjects, written between 1400 and 1770 ce, by Vederalas (native Ceylon doctors). The collection also includes some miscellaneous palm leaves with writing that are fragments from other non-medical olas.
Dates: 1400 - 1770
- Language: Multiple languages X
- Hospitals, Military 1
- Medicine, Military 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Pediatrics 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Conner, James A. (James Augustus), 1903-2001 1
- Mason, Michael L., 1895-1963 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Medicine 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- Wood, Casey A. (Casey Albert), 1856-1942 1