Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 72
American Association of University Professors, Administrative Files of the Northwestern University Chapter
Abstract The files of the Northwestern chapter consist of eight boxes of material which span approximately forty years, beginning in 1916 and ending in 1960. These materials reflect the problems, questions and activities of the NU chapter; they outline the organization, operation and management of one segment of the AAUP in its attempt to address the problems of the educational profession at the chapter, regional and national levels.
Abstract Elisabeth and her sister, Litta (Zolitta), of Green Bay, Wisconsin, attended Northwestern University for one year. The diary is a 7-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ notebook containing one hundred lined pages. The diary starts with Elisabeth and Litta's departure for Chicago on September 17, 1903 and ends on April 26, 1904; the last entry is followed by the notation “Continued in Volume II.”
Abstract Sara Frances Bragdon graduated from Northwestern, Phi Beta Kappa, with a bachelor of arts degree in 1908. Bragdon's chief academic interests centered on Classic, French, and English Literature. Her papers are arranged in one half-size box and date between 1898 and 1964. Included are biographical materials relating largely to Bragdon's study at Northwestern University and an elocution journal, 1898-1912, consisting of both handwritten and typescript copies of poetry and prose works by American...
Abstract The James Breckenridge Papers, filling 23 boxes and spanning the period 1924-1983, contain: biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, research and consulting files, professional organizations files, speeches and papers, and publications.
Abstract In the first decade of the twentieth century Northwestern University became concerned with developing a coherent architectural and landscape plan for its Evanston campus. This series documents the efforts of the Campus Commission to solicit and select a comprehensive design. While most of the records date from the period 1909-1910, the series also includes two 1905 letters from Daniel Burnham and George Maher's 1907 study.
Abstract The series, spanning the years 1950 to 1951, fills one half-size box and includes records of the University's Committee for the Centennial Conference on the Arts.
Abstract The Center for Health Services and Policy Research papers full one archival box and are arranged in three subseries: correspondence, research projects and conference material. The Center for Health Services and Policy Research has its origins in the Health Services Research Center. The Center was established jointly by the Hospital Research and Educational Trust and Northwestern University in 1967. The Center was established to examine technological, scientific, social, political, and economic...
Abstract This series consists of two boxes of records pertaining to the activities and functions of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation from January 18, 1958 to May 3, 1973. It includes agendas and minutes of C.I.C. meetings, annual reports, correspondence, and reports issued by the committee.
Abstract The Owen L. Coon Scrapbook began as a record of Coon's years at Northwestern University. Nearly half of the scrapbook does document Coon's college life between 1912 and 1919. However, the balance of the scrapbook is filled with clippings, photographs, and ephemera that precede and postdate Coon's Northwestern years—including items from Coon's youth in Rantoul and from his travels in Europe, as well as general Coon family photographs and memorabilia.
Abstract Cowan obtained a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts from Northwestern University in 1933. As a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority she was active in campus activities and social affairs. The Marjorie May Cowan papers are arranged in one half-size box and date from 1929-1934, 1949, and 1984. The bulk of the papers is comprised of Cowan's diaries. During the years 1932 through 1934 she kept detailed accounts of her social and academic activities and interests.
Abstract Schoolteacher Blanche Grigson Croxton attended Northwestern University from 1902 through 1906. The Blanche Grigson Croxton Papers comprise one half-size box containing one scrapbook. The scrapbook consists of thirty - six “boards,” mounted on both sides of which is Mrs. Croxton's history of her class, the class of 1906.
Abstract This series is comprised of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly black and white, the negatives are in the 35mm format and date from the period 1985-1991. The negatives are housed in negative sleeves and, when dated, arranged in chronological order. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the ...
Abstract The photographs from the Northwestern University student newspaper, the Daily Northwestern, date from 1975-1996 and depict a wide ranges of individuals, events, and general topics, organized by subject or by photographer's name.
Abstract The Daily Northwestern special editorial project entailed the solicitation and publication of a series of special articles written exclusively for the Daily by prominent Americans. The project was conceived during the summer of 1936 by the Daily's editorial board chairman Julian Behrstock. On July 8, 1936, Behrstock wrote a letter soliciting contributions to the series, "to one hundred prominent men and women all over America -- educators, writers, financiers, statesman -- asking each one for...
Abstract The history of William Deering family and the lives of many of the family's individual members have been well chronicled in numerous sources. This series reflects a portion of the family's long service and generosity on behalf of Northwestern University.
Abstract The Northwestern University Archives’ collection of diplomas and certificates dates between 1861 and 1974 and numbers 157 items. The diplomas and certificates are nearly all in an oversize format. The items relate almost entirely to Northwestern University alumni and faculty although Northwestern is not the degree or certificate granting institution in many cases.
Overview The photographs of George S. Duntley fill 8 boxes and cover the years from approximately 1899-1918. The collection consists of dry plate negatives and record Duntley’s years in Chicago and Evanston while he was attending Northwestern University Medical School. Also included are photographs taken in Bushnell, Illinois, his home town and surrounding areas.
Abstract Dyche took his father's place on the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University and served on the Board from 1894 to 1896 and from 1903 to 1935. He was the University Business Manager from 1903 to 1934 and University Counsellor from 1934 to 1936. Dyche served two terms as an Evanston alderman (1892 to 1895) and was Evanston's mayor from 1895 to 1899. The William Andrew Dyche Papers are arranged into two folders. . The more important items in the series are the correspondence with William...
Abstract The series consists of records of the publications of Northwestern University faculty members, from the University's founding until approximately 1976. The records are in the form of photocopies of catalog cards from the University Library.
Abstract The Fred Dow Fagg, Jr., Papers are arranged in 58 sections. The first section includes biographical material and the others are based upon the manner in which administrative records were maintained in the Vice-President's office. The largest amounts of material can be found in the sections for Administration, Business Office (many items related to the budgets for 1939-46), College of Liberal Arts, Faculty, Graduate School, Medical School, Navy, Schools of Commerce, Education, and Law, Student...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) X
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 9
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Diaries 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 2
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Photographs 2
- College teachers--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Evanston (Ill.)--History 2
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching--United States 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businessmen--United States 1
- Campus planning--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- College campuses--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction 1
- College presidents--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Illinois--Evanston--Research 1
- College trustees--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Education--Study and teaching (Graduate)--United States 1
- English language--Study and teaching (Higher)--Illinois--Evanston 1
- English language--Study and teaching--United States 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Photographs 1
- Executives--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Greek letter societies--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Greek letter societies--United States 1
- History--Study and teaching (Higher)--United States 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Medical care--Research--United States 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Newspapers--Illustrations 1
- Northwestern University reviewing stand 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Temperance--History 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1 ∧ less