Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
Abstract William Kaye Beatty was educated at Harvard College and Columbia University. Beatty joined the faculty of Northwestern University in 1962 as professor of medical bibliography. He held the administrative appointment of medical librarian from 1962 to 1974. In 1974 he began teaching courses in the history of medicine and medical writing. Beatty is known for his work and writings in librarianship and the history of medicine. In the 1960s and 1970s he planned 17 medical library buildings. He was...
Abstract Notes taken by George Cullen from January, 1899-May, 1900 from various medical courses attended at the Northwestern University Medical School.
Dates: 1899 - 1900
Abstract Clinton Lee Compere was a professor of orthopedic surgery at Northwestern's Medical School and, as a founding member of Northwestern's Rehabilitation Engineering Program (REP), nationally recognized as an authority on rehabilitation engineering. His main focus was the improvement of prosthetic devices for the physically handicapped. Compere participated actively in the development of the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) to one of the best rehabilitation hospitals in the country. The...
Dates: 1954-1991; Other: Date acquired: 06/02/2011
Abstract De Costa came to Northwestern as a clinical assistant in 1946, eventually becoming a full professor in 1964. H retired in 1974 and died in 1995. The Edwin J. De Costa Papers fill three boxes and span the period, 1925-1987. Most of the material dates from 1925 through the 1960s; only a small amount of material dates afterward. The De Costa Papers are arranged into five categories: biographical materials, undergraduate and medical college files, teaching files, speeches and paper presentations,...
Dates: 1925 - 1987; Other: Majority of material found within 1925-1960s
Abstract The records in this series span the years 1941 to 1949 and document J. Roscoe Miller's administration of the Northwestern University Medical School before and during the Second World War. Within the collection of correspondence, there is contact with students, staff, other Medical Schools, doctors, Trustees, University Administrators, Hospitals, municipal officials, and various organizations. The records illuminate Miller's tenure as Assistant Dean and as Dean.
Abstract The Records of the Medical School under Dean James E. Eckenhoff fill sixteen archival boxes, spanning the years 1968 to 1985. The records reflect the state of the Medical School under Eckenhoff with a strong emphasis on educational improvement, and consist of correspondence, transcripts, reports, publications, and minutes. The collection is divided into seven subseries: Allied Health, assemblies and lectures, councils and committees, faculty and research, graduate medical education, hospitals...
Abstract The photographs of George S. Duntley fill 8 boxes and cover the years from approximately 1899-1918. The collection consists of dry plate negatives and record Duntley’s years in Chicago and Evanston while he was attending Northwestern University Medical School. Also included are photographs taken in Bushnell, Illinois, his home town and surrounding areas.
Abstract Olga M. Haring was a faculty member at Northwestern University from 1965 until she received emeritus status in 1987. In 1974 she received a dual appointment in the departments of medicine and of community health and preventive medicine. The Haring Papers fill nine boxes and span the period 1952-1984, with the major portion falling between 1965 and 1975. The papers are organized in three categories: teaching files, research files, and publications. The largest portion of the papers consists of...
Dates: 1952 - 1984; Other: Majority of material found within 1965 - 1975
Abstract The Opal E. Hepler papers, arranged in four boxes, date between 1926 and 1967. They include small amounts of biographical material, materials relating to her graduate education, correspondence and teaching files. The bulk of the papers consist of drafts of and notes for various versions of her Manual of clinical laboratory methods. A few reprints of her articles are also included.
Abstract The Northwestern University Medical School Alumni Records consist of 3” x 5” index cards containing limited information about deceased Medical School alumni/alumnae, spanning the years 1860 to 1965. Records include those of graduates from the Northwestern University Woman’s Medical School (1892-1902).
Abstract The series consists of a run of annual reports issued by the Northwestern University Medical School, later the Feinberg School of Medicine. The reports are arranged chronologically in fifteen boxes and span the period from 1971/1972 through 2005/2006. There are several gaps in this run and reports from the following years are not included in the series: 1988/1989, 1989/1990, 1992/1993, 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1996/1997, 1997/1998, 1998/1999, and 1999/2000. Individual reports cover academic rather...
Dates: 1971/1972 - 2005/2006
Abstract The Council of Chairmen was composed of the various departmental chairs at the Medical School, in addition to the Dean of the School. The Council met monthly to discuss various issues of importance to the Medical School. Contained here are minutes of the Council's meetings (which make up the majority of the series), reports produced by other Northwestern University committees of interest to the Council, announcements of future meetings, and correspondence. These records date between 1971 and...
Abstract The Records of the Medical School Dean, Arthur R. Edwards, consist of one box, spanning the years 1905 to 1912. The bulk of the records consists of correspondence to and from Dean Edwards. Also included are documents relating to faculty appointments and correspondence from the Junior Dean, W.S. Hall, a physiologist who was the first professor to hold the Nathan Smith Davis Professorship. The records are divided into two subseries, Correspondence and Faculty.
Abstract The Records of the Medical School Dean, Richard H. Young, fill 18 record cartons (18 cubic feet), spanning the years of his tenure as dean, 1949 to 1970. These records primarily consist of correspondence and documents relating to the administration of the medical school and affiliated hospitals. The records are divided into 12 subseries: Associations, Buildings and Grounds, Clinic, Dean's Office, Departments, Faculty, Fraternities, Hospitals, Library (Medical School), Medical School,...
Abstract This series is comprised of Northwestern University Medical School senior class rosters for the period 1953-1969. Entries include class rank and grade point averages.
Abstract These records comprise course and grade transcripts for Medical School graduate, special, physical therapy, and laboratory technology students.
Abstract This series contains Northwestern University Medical School student grade records for the academic years 1970/1971 to 1976/1977; it fills two boxes.
Abstract This series of student grade records for Northwestern University's Medical School consists of twelve volumes that document the academic records of students pursuing the M.D. degree from 1948 through 1972.
Scope and Contents This series is comprised of two volumes of transcripts documenting student coursework completed at the Northwestern University Medical School during the period 1967-1971. The bulk of the transcripts date from the years 1969-1971 and pertain to the senior and junior classes of 1973. Generally, the transcripts record the grades signifying honors, pass, and fail for coursework undertaken by each student during his or her first two years of study.In addition to grades, each transcript...
Dates: 1967 - 1971; Other: Majority of material found within 1969 - 1971
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School X
- Northwestern University Archives 34
- Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center 1
- Medical students 14
- Deans (Education) 5
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 5
- Physicians--Training of 3
- Medical colleges--Faculty 2
- Medicine--Study and teaching 2
- Cardiology--Study and teaching 1
- Gynecology--Study and teaching 1
- Internists 1
- Medical librarians 1
- Medical records--Data processing 1
- Medical rehabilitation--Study and teaching 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine--Specialties and specialists 1
- Obstetrics--Study and teaching 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Study and teaching 1
- Physicians 1
- School reports--Illinois--Evanston 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School--Students 14
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Beatty, William K., 1926-2002 1
- Bushnell (Ill.) 1
- Compere, Clinton L. (Clinton Lee), 1911-1991 1
- Cullen, George, 1874-1937 1
- De Costa, Edwin J., 1906-1995 1
- De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 1
- Duntley, George Silas 1
- Eckenhoff, James E. 1
- Edwards, Arthur R. (Arthur Robin), 1867-1936 1
- Feinberg School of Medicine 1
- Haring, Olga Munk, 1917-2002 1
- Hepler, Opal E. (Opal Elsie), 1899-1993 1
- Miller, J. Roscoe (James Roscoe), 1905-1977 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Admission 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Council of Chairmen 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Library 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Specialty Training Program 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Pharmacy 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Woman's Medical School 1
- Preble, Robert B. (Robert Bruce) 1
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago 1
- Seifert, Martin H. (Martin Henry), 1902-1985 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1
- Zeisler, Joseph, 1858-1919 1 ∧ less