Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Franklin Martin Kreml, national expert on traffic safety, accident prevention and law enforcement, was the founding Director of the Northwestern University Traffic Institute and a University administrator for over 35 years. The Franklin M. Kreml papers consist of 13 boxes spanning the years 1906-1998. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence and records from Kreml's tenure as Northwestern University Vice President of Planning and Development.
Abstract Frank A. (Francis Auten) Spencer received a bachelor's degree in economics from Northwestern University, and serviced in the U.S. Army Air Transport Command during World War II. He worked as a commercial pilot for American Airlines from 1944 to 1973. He served as a negotiator for the Air Line Pilots Association for fourteen years. Thereafter, he was National Secretary of the same union for eight years. After his retirement, became a consultant for the Allied Pilots Association. Spencer joined...
Abstract This collection of audio recordings documents eight seminar and lecture programs sponsored by the Northwestern University Transportation Center. These programs were tailored specifically to the needs of transportation and logistics professionals. Some miscellaneous recordings of other events promoted by the Transportation Center are also included. All recordings are in seven-inch open-reel format.
Dates: 1957 - 1979
Abstract This series fills three boxes and is comprised of research and consulting reports published or issued by the Northwestern University Transportation Center. Although the series spans the years from 1966-1982, the majority date from the period 1977-1982.
Abstract These annual books consist primarily of resumes of Transportation Center students working toward the master's or doctoral degrees who are seeking summer or permanent employment. Brief introductions to the book and its sections provide potential employers with contextual information. The one-page resumes give basic information on education, work experience, and special interests. Occasional hand-written notations give additional information.
Dates: 1980-1993; Other: Date acquired: 10/02/1994
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Transportation Center X
- Air pilots 1
- Business logistics 1
- Graduate students--Employment--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Local transit--Economic aspects 1
- Traffic police--Training of 1
- Traffic safety--Study and teaching 1
- Transportation 1
- Transportation and state--United States--Study and teaching 1
- Urban transportation--Economic aspects 1
- Urban transportation--Research 1 ∧ less
- Air Line Pilots Association 1
- Kreml, Franklin M. (Franklin Martin), 1907-1998 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Traffic Institute 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Transportation Center--Graduate students 1
- Spencer, Francis A. (Francis Auten), 1913-2001 1