Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Abstract The 12th General Hospital Collection is comprised of the papers of Michael L. Mason, James A. Conner, and Paul Raber who served as part of Northwestern University's 12th General Hospital Unit stationed in North Africa and Italy during World War II.
Dates: 1916 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1942 - 1945
Abstract Manuscript composed by Casey Wood in 1923 documenting a trip to Polynesia to study birds.
Abstract This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
Abstract Notes taken by George Cullen from January, 1899-May, 1900 from various medical courses attended at the Northwestern University Medical School.
Dates: 1899 - 1900
Abstract This is an artificial collection of 6 films created by or collected by Northwestern University Dental School, spanning the years 1929 to circa 1947. It includes both unedited footage and produced films that relate to the cultural and institutional history of the dental school.
Dates: 1929-circa 1947
Funeral oration on the Queen of England, Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles the First, and daughter of Henry the Fourth of France
Abstract Manuscript translated by William Darlington from Jacques Bossuet's Oraison funèbre d'Henriette Marie de France.
Abstract Manuscript notes from an organic chemistry class taught by Dr. Arthur Noyes in 1899.
Abstract Notes used for a lecture given by G.W. Crile at Severance Hall on Sunday April 19, 1931 on behalf of the Cleveland Academy of Medicine.
Abstract Hand-written notes taken during lectures on medical jurisprudence and covering a variety of topics.
Abstract This collection consists of 44 medical motion pictures made between 1928 and 1963, most of which were created by Northwestern University Medical School faculty members. The films depict medical procedures, conditions, processes, and research across 10 health science fields.
Dates: 1928 - 1963
Scope and Contents This is an artificial, ongoing collection of audio materials created by or collected by Northwestern University Medical School. It currently consists of five audio recordings, but more from the library's collecton will continue to be added as they are processed.
Dates: 1938 - 1963
Abstract This is an artificial collection of 8 films created by or collected by Northwestern University Medical School (now known as Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine), spanning the years 1929 to 1959. It includes both unedited footage and produced films.
Dates: 1929 - 1959
Abstract Notebooks containing records from Northwestern University Medical School fraternities from 1922-1978.
Dates: 1922 - 1978
Abstract Typescript manuscript volume documenting the history of the Wesley Hospital by I.N. Danforth and Marcus P. Hatfield.
Dates: 1909 - 1910
Abstract Manuscript outlining a proposal for the creation of a council to support and advise independent hospitals in Chicago.
Abstract Manuscript written by Wendell J.S. Krieg of the Northwestern University Medical School outlining trends in neuroscience research and plans for a neurological research and treatment facility to be included as part of a proposed Morton Hospital.
Content Description The collection consists of 25 Sinhalese olas (manuscripts written on palm leaves) from Ceylon on medical subjects, written between 1400 and 1770 ce, by Vederalas (native Ceylon doctors). The collection also includes some miscellaneous palm leaves with writing that are fragments from other non-medical olas.
Dates: 1400 - 1770
- Repository: Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center X
- Dentistry 2
- Hospitals--Administration 2
- Medicine 2
- Pediatrics 2
- Anatomy 1
- Bacteriology 1
- Biochemistry 1
- Birds 1
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry, Organic 1
- Colorado 1
- Dental students 1
- Education, Dental 1
- Education, Medical 1
- Faculty, Dental 1
- Fluorosis, Dental--epidemiology 1
- Forensic Medicine 1
- Gynecology 1
- Hospitals 1
- Hospitals, Military 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago--History 1
- Instructional Film and Video 1
- Jacksonville (Ill.) 1
- Jurisprudence 1
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Medicine, Military 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Medicine--Societies, etc. 1
- Neurology 1
- Neurology--Research 1
- Obstetrics 1
- Ophthalmology 1
- Ornithology 1
- Otolaryngology 1
- Physician's Role 1
- Physiology 1
- Polynesia 1
- Psychiatry 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Surgery, Military 1
- Surgical Procedures, Operative 1
- Tooth Abnormalities 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- Zoology 1 ∧ less
- English 15
- Multiple languages 2
- De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 2
- Wood, Casey A. (Casey Albert), 1856-1942 2
- Alpha Omega Alpha. Northwestern University Medical School Chapter 1
- Black, Arthur Davenport, 1870-1937 1
- Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915 1
- Bossuet, Jacques Bénigne, 1627-1704 1
- Chicago Hospital Council 1
- Conner, James A. (James Augustus), 1903-2001 1
- Crile, George Washington, 1864-1943 1
- Cullen, George, 1874-1937 1
- Cutter, Irving S. (Irving Samuel), 1875-1945 1
- Danforth, I. N. (Isaac Newton), 1835-1911 1
- Darlington, William, 1782-1863 1
- Hatfield, Marcus P. (Marcus Patten), 1849-1909 1
- Henrietta Maria, Queen, consort of Charles I, King of England, 1609-1669 1
- International Dental Congress (2nd : 1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Ivy, A. C. (Andrew Conway), 1893-1978 1
- Kendall, Arthur Isaac, 1877-1959 1
- Krieg, Wendell J. S. (Wendell Jordan S.), 1906-1997 1
- LaRue, Mervin W., 1892-1973 1
- Literary Union (Jacksonville, Ill.) 1
- Mason, Michael L., 1895-1963 1
- McKay, Frederick S. (Frederick Sumner), 1874-1959 1
- McNealy, Raymond W. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Committee on Visual Medical Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School. Alumni Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Medicine 1
- Noyes, Arthur A. (Arthur Amos), 1866-1936 1
- Petrolagar Laboratories 1
- Pi Kappa Epsilon. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University Medical School) 1
- Preble, Robert B. (Robert Bruce) 1
- Raber, Paul A. (Paul Arthur), 1914-1997 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- Wesley Hospital 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1
- Zeisler, Joseph, 1858-1919 1 ∧ less