Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
Funeral oration on the Queen of England, Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles the First, and daughter of Henry the Fourth of France
Scope and Contents This manuscript consists of 47 leaves that are gathered together with thread, and includes a title page. It was translated by William Darlington from Jacques Bossuet's Oraison funèbre d'Henriette Marie de France.
Content Description Lined notebook with manuscript notes from an organic chemistry class taught by Dr. Arthur Noyes. Lecture dates are from September-December, 1899. Includes 3 inserted loose sheets, and an exam clipping pasted to the front inner sheet of the notebook.
Scope and Contents 3 volumes of hand-written notes taken during lectures on medical jurisprudence and covering a variety of topics.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two volumes of manuscript notebooks containing records from Northwestern University Medical School fraternities. One volume contains the history, rosters, and meeting minutes of the Pi Kappa Epsilon fraternity from 1922-1945. One volume contains the meeting minutes and account book of the Alpha Omega Alpha fraternity from 1924-1978.
Content Description Typescript manuscript volume documenting the history of the Wesley Hospital by I.N. Danforth and Marcus P. Hatfield. The first half of the volume contains a narrative account of the history of the hospital as recorded by Danforth and Hatfield. The second half includes various transcribed documents related to the hospital, including pamphlets, records, reports, and a newspaper clipping.
Content Description The collection consists of 25 Sinhalese olas (manuscripts written on palm leaves) from Ceylon on medical subjects, written between 1400 and 1770 ce, by Vederalas (native Ceylon doctors). The collection also includes some miscellaneous palm leaves with writing that are fragments from other non-medical olas.
- Repository: Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center X
- Biochemistry 1
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry, Organic 1
- Colorado 1
- Dentistry 1
- Fluorosis, Dental--epidemiology 1
- Forensic Medicine 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago--History 1
- Jacksonville (Ill.) 1
- Jurisprudence 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Medicine--Societies, etc. 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Tooth Abnormalities 1
- Zoology 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Omega Alpha. Northwestern University Medical School Chapter 1
- Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915 1
- Bossuet, Jacques Bénigne, 1627-1704 1
- Cutter, Irving S. (Irving Samuel), 1875-1945 1
- Danforth, I. N. (Isaac Newton), 1835-1911 1
- Darlington, William, 1782-1863 1
- Hatfield, Marcus P. (Marcus Patten), 1849-1909 1
- Henrietta Maria, Queen, consort of Charles I, King of England, 1609-1669 1
- International Dental Congress (2nd : 1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Kendall, Arthur Isaac, 1877- 1
- Literary Union (Jacksonville, Ill.) 1
- McKay, Frederick S. (Frederick Sumner), 1874-1959 1
- Noyes, Arthur A. (Arthur Amos), 1866-1936 1
- Pi Kappa Epsilon. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University Medical School) 1
- Wesley Hospital 1
- Wood, Casey A. (Casey Albert), 1856-1942 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1 ∧ less