Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
Funeral oration on the Queen of England, Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles the First, and daughter of Henry the Fourth of France
Scope and Contents This manuscript consists of 47 leaves that are gathered together with thread, and includes a title page. It was translated by William Darlington from Jacques Bossuet's Oraison funèbre d'Henriette Marie de France.
Scope and Contents 3 volumes of hand-written notes taken during lectures on medical jurisprudence and covering a variety of topics.
Content Description The collection consists of 25 Sinhalese olas (manuscripts written on palm leaves) from Ceylon on medical subjects, written between 1400 and 1770 ce, by Vederalas (native Ceylon doctors). The collection also includes some miscellaneous palm leaves with writing that are fragments from other non-medical olas.
- Repository: Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center X
- Biochemistry 1
- Chemistry 1
- Colorado 1
- Dentistry 1
- Fluorosis, Dental--epidemiology 1
- Forensic Medicine 1
- Jacksonville (Ill.) 1
- Jurisprudence 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Tooth Abnormalities 1
- Zoology 1 ∧ less
- Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915 1
- Bossuet, Jacques Bénigne, 1627-1704 1
- Darlington, William, 1782-1863 1
- Henrietta Maria, Queen, consort of Charles I, King of England, 1609-1669 1
- International Dental Congress (2nd : 1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1