Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 35
The 12th General Hospital Collection is comprised of the papers of Michael L. Mason, James A. Conner, and Paul Raber who served as part of Northwestern University's 12th General Hospital Unit stationed in North Africa and Italy during World War II.
Collection of photographs, postcards, and ephemera primarily from the Frank Andrews family, including an assemblage of portrait photoraphs of the first faculty of the Medical Department of Lind University from the 1859-60 academic year.
Manuscript composed by Casey Wood in 1923 documenting a trip to Polynesia to study birds.
This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
Professional and personal papers of neurologist Benjamin Boshes, MD, MS, PhD, consisting of correspondence, professional conference and meeting materials, academic articles, autobiographical writing, photographs, ephemera, and artifacts.
Writings and personal correspondence of Louis D. Boshes, mainly from the 1960s and 1980s-2000s.
Materials collected and created by Albert H. Burr around the years 1900 to 1925 in the process of researching and writing short biographies of prominent physicians.
Notes taken by George Cullen from January, 1899-May, 1900 from various medical courses attended at the Northwestern University Medical School.
Professional papers of professor Nathan Smith Davis III, including material related to a departmental survey at the time of the medical school's move to the current campus, and to Davis's membership in the American Medical Association and the Clinical Section of the Chicago Heart Association.
Correspondence, writings, and personal papers of Nathan Smith Davis, Jr., Professor of Medicine and Dean (1901-1907) of Northwestern University Medical School.
Professional papers of medical school founder Nathan Smith Davis, Sr., particularly correspondence, ledgers and account books from his private medical practice, and manuscript and typescripts of his lectures and writings from throughout his career.
This is an artificial collection of 6 films created by or collected by Northwestern University Dental School, spanning the years 1929 to circa 1947. It includes both unedited footage and produced films that relate to the cultural and institutional history of the dental school.
The papers of Emilius Clark Dudley, MD, comprise a manuscript of his book Medicine Man and correspondence and ephemera related to his career as a professor of gynecology. Also included is a bound volume of Dudley's lectures transcribed during the 1882-83 school year.
Funeral oration on the Queen of England, Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles the First, and daughter of Henry the Fourth of France
Manuscript translated by William Darlington from Jacques Bossuet's Oraison funèbre d'Henriette Marie de France.
Collection of writings of Sanford R. Gifford, MD, including manuscripts, book reviews, and abstracts, written between 1929 and 1943.
Papers of John Theodore Heard, a surgeon during the American Civil War. Includes correspondence; military orders and circulars; medical reports; and lists and returns of soldiers including those sick or wounded.
Collection consists mainly of two items: a commemorative book given to John H. Hollister in 1907 by the Illinois State Medical Society for 50 years of membership and draft manuscript pages for Hollister's 1912 book on the history of medicine and surgery in Chicago.
Professional papers of William Henry Holmes, physician and Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University Medical School, mainly consisting of various copies of manuscripts of his 1940 textbook Bacillary and Rickettsial Infections, as well as typewritten copies of lectures or articles written by Holmes.
Manuscript notes from an organic chemistry class taught by Dr. Arthur Noyes in 1899.
Notes used for a lecture given by G.W. Crile at Severance Hall on Sunday April 19, 1931 on behalf of the Cleveland Academy of Medicine.
- Repository: Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center X
- Education, Medical 4
- Neurology 3
- Dentistry 2
- Gynecology 2
- Hospitals--Administration 2
- Medicine 2
- Medicine, Military 2
- Ophthalmology 2
- Pediatrics 2
- Anatomy 1
- Anatomy--education 1
- Aviation medicine 1
- Bacteriology 1
- Biochemistry 1
- Birds 1
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry, Organic 1
- Cholera 1
- Colorado 1
- Dental students 1
- Education, Dental 1
- Faculty, Dental 1
- Fetus -- Physiology 1
- Fluorosis, Dental--epidemiology 1
- Forensic Medicine 1
- Hospitals 1
- Hospitals, Military 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago--History 1
- Instructional Film and Video 1
- Jacksonville (Ill.) 1
- Jurisprudence 1
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Medicine--Societies, etc. 1
- Medicine--United States--History 1
- Neurology--Research 1
- Neurosurgeons 1
- Obstetrics 1
- Ontario--Description and travel 1
- Ornithology 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Otolaryngology 1
- Parkinson's disease 1
- Pathology--Study and teaching 1
- Physical therapy--Study and teaching 1
- Physician's Role 1
- Physicians 1
- Physiology 1
- Polynesia 1
- Psychiatry 1
- Public Health 1
- Rickettsia Infections 1
- Schools, Medical 1
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Surgery, Military 1
- Surgical Procedures, Operative 1
- Tooth Abnormalities 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Urology--Study and teaching 1
- Wisconsin--Description and travel 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- Zoology 1 + ∧ less
- English 33
- Multiple languages 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 5
- American Medical Association 2
- Chicago Medical Society 2
- Davis, Nathan S., Jr. (Nathan Smith), 1858-1920 2
- De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 2
- Hatfield, Marcus P. (Marcus Patten), 1849-1909 2
- Wood, Casey A. (Casey Albert), 1856-1942 2
- Alpha Omega Alpha. Northwestern University Medical School Chapter 1
- Andrews family 1
- Andrews, Edmund, 1824-1904 1
- Beard, Gertrude 1
- Bigwin Inn 1
- Black, Arthur Davenport, 1870-1937 1
- Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915 1
- Boshes, Benjamin, 1907-1984 1
- Boshes, Louis D., 1908-2003 1
- Bossuet, Jacques Bénigne, 1627-1704 1
- Burr, Albert H. 1
- Chicago (Ill.). Board of Health 1
- Chicago Heart Association 1
- Chicago Hospital Council 1
- Chicago Medical College 1
- Conner, James A. (James Augustus), 1903-2001 1
- Conway, James J. 1
- Crile, George Washington, 1864-1943 1
- Cullen, George, 1874-1937 1
- Cutter, Irving S. (Irving Samuel), 1875-1945 1
- Danforth, I. N. (Isaac Newton), 1835-1911 1
- Darlington, William, 1782-1863 1
- Davis, N. S. (Nathan Smith), 1817-1904 1
- Davis, Nathan Smith, III, 1889-1956 1
- Dudley, E. C. (Emilius Clark), 1850-1928 1
- Ela family 1
- Gifford, Sanford R. (Sanford Robinson), 1892-1944 1
- Harvey, William, 1578-1657 1
- Heard, John T. (John Theodore), 1836-1906 1
- Henrietta Maria, Queen, consort of Charles I, King of England, 1609-1669 1
- Hollister, John Hamilcar, 1824-1911 1
- Holmes, William H. (William Henry), 1887-1940 1
- Illinois State Medical Society 1
- International Dental Congress (2nd : 1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- International Medical Congress (9th : 1887 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Ivy, A. C. (Andrew Conway), 1893-1978 1
- Kendall, Arthur Isaac, 1877-1959 1
- Krieg, Wendell J. S. (Wendell Jordan S.), 1906-1997 1
- LaRue, Mervin W., 1892-1973 1
- Lind University 1
- Lind University. Medical Department 1
- Luckhardt, A. B. 1
- Mason, Michael L., 1895-1963 1
- McKay, Frederick S. (Frederick Sumner), 1874-1959 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Committee on Visual Medical Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School. Alumni Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Medicine 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Programs in Physical Therapy 1
- Noyes, Arthur A. (Arthur Amos), 1866-1936 1
- Petrolagar Laboratories 1
- Pi Kappa Epsilon. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University Medical School) 1
- Piccard, Jeannette, 1895-1981 1
- Preble, Robert B. (Robert Bruce) 1
- Raber, Paul A. (Paul Arthur), 1914-1997 1
- ReQua, Eloise G. 1
- Rea, R. L. (Robert Laughlin), 1827-1899 1
- Ridlon, John, 1852-1936 1
- Schmidt, Louis E. (Louis Ernst), 1869-1957 1
- Shoemaker, John V. (John Veitch), 1852-1910 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- W.B. Saunders Company 1
- Wesley Hospital 1
- Windle, William Frederick, 1898-1985 1
- Woman's Hospital Medical College of Chicago 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Yale Foreign Missionary Society 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1
- Zeisler, Joseph, 1858-1919 1 + ∧ less