Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Abstract The 12th General Hospital Collection is comprised of the papers of Michael L. Mason and James A. Conner, who served as part of Northwestern University's 12th General Hospital Unit stationed in North Africa and Italy during World War II.
Dates: 1916 - 1988; Majority of material found within 1942 - 1945
Abstract Manuscript composed by Casey Wood in 1923 documenting a trip to Polynesia to study birds.
Abstract This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
Abstract Notes taken by George Cullen from January, 1899-May, 1900 from various medical courses attended at the Northwestern University Medical School.
Dates: 1899 - 1900
Funeral oration on the Queen of England, Henrietta Maria, wife of Charles the First, and daughter of Henry the Fourth of France
Abstract Manuscript translated by William Darlington from Jacques Bossuet's Oraison funèbre d'Henriette Marie de France.
Abstract Manuscript notes from an organic chemistry class taught by Dr. Arthur Noyes in 1899.
Abstract Notes used for a lecture given by G.W. Crile at Severance Hall on Sunday April 19, 1931 on behalf of the Cleveland Academy of Medicine.
Abstract Hand-written notes taken during lectures on medical jurisprudence and covering a variety of topics.
Abstract Notebooks containing records from Northwestern University Medical School fraternities from 1972-1978.
Dates: 1922 - 1978
Abstract Typescript manuscript volume documenting the history of the Wesley Hospital by I.N. Danforth and Marcus P. Hatfield.
Dates: 1909 - 1910
Abstract Manuscript outlining a proposal for the creation of a council to support and advise independent hospitals in Chicago.
Abstract Manuscript written by Wendell J.S. Krieg of the Northwestern University Medical School outlining trends in neuroscience research and plans for a neurological research and treatment facility to be included as part of a proposed Morton Hospital.
Content Description The collection consists of 25 Sinhalese olas (manuscripts written on palm leaves) from Ceylon on medical subjects, written between 1400 and 1770 ce, by Vederalas (native Ceylon doctors). The collection also includes some miscellaneous palm leaves with writing that are fragments from other non-medical olas.
Dates: 1400 - 1770
- Repository: /repositories/8 X
- Hospitals--Administration 2
- Medicine 2
- Biochemistry 1
- Birds 1
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry, Organic 1
- Colorado 1
- Dentistry 1
- Fluorosis, Dental--epidemiology 1
- Forensic Medicine 1
- Hospitals 1
- Hospitals, Military 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Hospitals--Illinois--Chicago--History 1
- Jacksonville (Ill.) 1
- Jurisprudence 1
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Medicine, Military 1
- Medicine, Traditional 1
- Medicine--Societies, etc. 1
- Neurology--Research 1
- Ornithology 1
- Pediatrics 1
- Physician's Role 1
- Polynesia 1
- Sri Lanka 1
- Surgery, Military 1
- Tooth Abnormalities 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- Zoology 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- Multiple languages 2
- Wood, Casey A. (Casey Albert), 1856-1942 2
- Alpha Omega Alpha. Northwestern University Medical School Chapter 1
- Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915 1
- Bossuet, Jacques Bénigne, 1627-1704 1
- Chicago Hospital Council 1
- Conner, James A. (James Augustus), 1903-2001 1
- Crile, George Washington, 1864-1943 1
- Cullen, George, 1874- 1
- Cutter, Irving S. (Irving Samuel), 1875-1945 1
- Danforth, I. N. (Isaac Newton), 1835-1911 1
- Darlington, William, 1782-1863 1
- De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 1
- Hatfield, Marcus P. (Marcus Patten), 1849-1909 1
- Henrietta Maria, Queen, consort of Charles I, King of England, 1609-1669 1
- International Dental Congress (2nd : 1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Kendall, Arthur Isaac, 1877- 1
- Krieg, Wendell J. S. (Wendell Jordan S.), 1906-1997 1
- Literary Union (Jacksonville, Ill.) 1
- Mason, Michael L., 1895-1963 1
- McKay, Frederick S. (Frederick Sumner), 1874-1959 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Medicine 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 1
- Noyes, Arthur A. (Arthur Amos), 1866-1936 1
- Pi Kappa Epsilon. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University Medical School) 1
- Preble, Robert B. (Robert Bruce) 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- Wesley Hospital 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1
- Zeisler, Joseph, 1858-1919 1 ∧ less