Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Identifier: MS 61
Abstract The McCormick Library’s small collection on the events surrounding the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago was donated by Kaye Miller in 1982. Miller, a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, was creating a documentary with one of his classes during the days of the convention. He collected periodical articles and materials related to the events, focusing on publicity, demonstrations, violence, arrests, reports, and the trials that followed. This collection consists of...
Abstract The records of the Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research filling three boxes, document the CUAPR's involvement in the planning of the proposed 1992 Chicago World's Fair. Most of the records reflect Louis Masotti's involvement in the planning process. Records date from 1977 to 1985, with the bulk of the materials falling between 1984 and 1985. While many of the reports and most of the newspaper clippings collected by the CUAPR are not directly connected with the Center or with Dr....
Overview The Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research at Northwestern University was founded in September of 1968 with a grant of $700,000 from the Ford Foundation. The bulk of the Center’s research dealt with social policy and its effects on the people, communities, and institutions that utilize it. In September, 1996, the Center’s name was changed to the Institute for Policy Research.
Abstract The Chicago, Illinois city council established the mayor’s advisory Commission on Women’s Affairs in 1984. This archive includes materials from the Chicago Commission on Women’s Affairs, including the commission’s mission, procedures, minutes, first year accomplishments, and report to the mayor for 1984.
Abstract This collection on Chicago area theatres consists primarily of three scrapbooks filled with clippings, programs, reviews, and publicity generated for the theatre seasons between 1908 and 1915.
Abstract Conquergood received his Ph.D. in Performance Studies from Northwestern University in 1977 and served as an Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Communication at The State University of New York in Binghamton for a year before returning to Northwestern to teach in 1983. He remained at Northwestern until his death in 2004. His research focused on marginalized societies and refugee groups, as well as the implications, purpose and rituals of the death penalty in/on American society. The Dwight...
Abstract Kellogg Graduate School of Management professor Donald Haider ran for mayor of the City of Chicago in 1987. Papers include biographical materials, academic publications, and (the bulk of the collection) material relating to Haider's mayoral campaign.
Overview American journalist Eric R. Lund was born to Swedish immigrants on November 1, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois. Lund attended Northwestern University 1942-1949 (B.S. in journalism). Lund worked primarily at the Evanston review and Chicago daily news. After the latter paper ceased publication, Lund undertook a number of research and editing projects. The Eric R. Lund papers cover Lund’s ancestry and life, including both his professional...
Abstract The records of the Northwestern Club of Chicago, 1947-1976, include, copies of the By Laws and Objectives; records of the Membership Committee; records of the Alumni Directory Committee; records of the Board of Directors; General Correspondence; Financial Records; records of the Program Committee; records of Other Committees; and Program files.
Abstract The Wolkonsky family are descendants of the first Russian king, Rurik (d. 879) and other significant members of the Russian royal family through the centuries. The Marina Wolkonsky collection is comprised primarily of the typed English translation of a biographical account of her life and diary kept through 1918, along with a small number of other personal materials.
- Subject: Chicago (Ill.) X
- Northwestern University Archives 7
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 4
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research 2
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Chicago (Ill.). Mayor's Advisory Commission on Women's Affairs 1
- Chicago World's Fair--1992 Authority 1
- Conquergood, Lorne Dwight, 1949-2004 1
- Democratic National Convention (1968 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Haider, Donald H. 1
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management--Faculty 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Masotti, Louis H. 1
- Miller, Kaye 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Performance Studies 1
- Northwestern University Club of Chicago 1
- Raddin, Belle Alling, 1864-1930 1
- Raddin, Charles S. (Charles Salisbury), 1863-1930 1
- Wolkonsky, Marina, 1893-1985 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- World's Fair (1992 : Chicago, Ill.) 1 ∧ less