Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Abstract Dwight St. John Bobb was born on July 19, 1876 in Dakota, Illinois, the son of Daniel Bobb, a physician, and his wife Arminda St. John. The Dwight St. John Bobb and Family Collection fills four boxes and contains material spanning the years 1865 to 2012. The collection is divided into two subsections, Biographical Materials and Photographs and Correspondence.
Dates: 1864 - 2012
Abstract The C. M. Clay Buntain Scrapbook documents Buntain's activities at Northwestern between 1894 and 1902. It includes newspaper clippings (from Chicago newspapers such as the Tribune and Herald as well as from student publications), programs, and announcements, arranged in rough chronological order. A few items from the 1890s were added at the end of the scrapbook.
Abstract The Edith W. Cooke scrapbook spans the years 1907 through 1913 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1910 through 1911. It offers a glimpse into the social life of a young woman on campus during those years, and especially highlights the activities of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. The materials include invitations, dance cards, party favors and name tags from many social events on campus, including those held by the sorority. The scrapbook also contains several pages of calling...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract This collection consists of dance cards from events spanning the years 1903 - 1935. The majority of dance sponsors were fraternities and sororities. However, there are also dance cards from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Prom in addition.
Dates: 1903-1935, 1944-1949
Abstract This series is comprised of the General Files maintained by Joe W. Miller, Dean of Special Events, which span the period from 1943 to 1976, although the bulk of the records emanated from the latter part of 1960's and early 1970's. The records are arranged according to three broad categories: General Subject Files, Schools, Departments and Buildings and Student Activities and Organizations.
Abstract Ardis Nadine Kuhnen graduated from Northwestern University with a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in art) in 1951. Her papers contain art coursework, and information about student life in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The papers include some material related to her father, Arthur Nicholas Kuhnen.
Dates: 1947-1951, n.d.
Abstract The Lillian E. Hawley Scrapbook consists of several loose pages (perhaps removed from a larger scrapbook) that document her years at Northwestern. The pages include ribbons, seals, and invitations, all of which attest to her involvement in various campus organizations and her attendance at events such as performances and dinners. Hawley also saved the receipts for her tuition payments to Northwestern; her room and board payments for Pearsons Hall; and her class dues and her dues to the Laurean...
Abstract The materials in the Paul Jacob Luker scrapbook date between 1909 and 1916 and document his social and academic life at Northwestern University and the University of Michigan. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
Abstract The Patricia Murphey Scrapbook provides a vivid snapshot of student life during WWII. The scrapbook, documenting Murphey's busy years at Northwestern, holds newspaper clippings, programs and announcements, and photographs.
Abstract The Josie B. Crandon Nash Papers consist of correspondence received by Nash (Northwestern University College of Liberal Arts, 1887), between 1888 and 1901, and illuminate the social life of a young college-educated, married woman at the turn of the century.
Dates: 1888 - 1901; Other: Majority of material found within 1891
Abstract The Office of Student Guidance and Counseling was charged with responsibility for personal and vocational counseling services for students; with supervision of fraternities and sororities; and with administrative oversight of campus organizations and activities. The Records of the Office of Student Guidance and Counseling are arranged in 15 subseries, including student activities and organizations general files; activity reports; class council files; Associated Women Students files; dormitory...
Dates: approximately 1909 - 1989
Abstract The Karl F. Putnam scrapbook contains newspaper clippings dating between 1899 and 1903, documenting social, academic, and family events, as well as news and information about Northwestern University. Clippings come from many papers, including the Evanston Index, The Inter Ocean, The American, Mt. Carmel Register, Evening Post, Chicago American, Evanston Press, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Examiner, and the ...
Abstract This collection documents Northwestern's annual Trig Cremation ceremonies, which began in the 1870s as students conducted a spring-time ritual centered around the burning of their hated trigonometry textbooks. Over the years the ceremony turned into a student-produced musical. The collection contains clippings, and written histories of the Trig Cremation (1880-1936), as well as programs, handbills, and songbooks from ceremonies (1877-1912).
Abstract This collection includes documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to the history of The Rock (originally a drinking fountain), a landmark on Northwestern University's Evanston campus since 1902.
Abstract The materials in the Edith Sternfeld scrapbook date between 1917 and 1921 and document Sternfeld's social and academic life at Northwestern University.
Abstract The Myrtle Whitney Papers consist of the correspondence and personal papers of Northwestern University student Myrtle Viola Whitney. The collection depicts the life of a female Northwestern student in the 1890s.
- Subject: College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs X
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 11
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 6
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 3
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social conditions 1
- Dance cards 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 8
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 3
- Bobb, Dwight S., 1876-1946 1
- Buntain, C. M. Clay (Cassius Marcus Clay), 1876-1927 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Luker, Paul Jacob, 1889-1970 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Student Guidance and Counseling 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1
- Putnam, Karl F. (Karl Fredric), 1879-1960 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Rostker, Patricia Murphey, 1921-2011 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Trig Committee 1
- Trig Cremation 1
- Whitney, Myrtle Viola 1 ∧ less