Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 32
Abstract The Omicron (Northwestern University) chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi opened on April 2, 1921, the first Midwest outpost of the sorority. This collection consists of three and one-half boxes and five oversized scrapbooks containing mainly photographs, but also including clippings, ephemera, and some correspondence pertaining to the Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority. These materials span the years from 1929 to 1968 but are scattered and mainly represent the chapter's membership, house activities, and...
Abstract The Arts Alliance is Northwestern University's student organization for the performing arts. The records of the Arts Alliance fill two boxes and include materials documenting five of its component organizations: Garden Party Productions, Orgy of the Arts, the Dolphin Show, the Gilbert and Sullivan Guild, and the Northwestern Dance Company. The records span the years from 1967 to 1983, with the bulk clustered between 1976 and 1979.
Abstract The Records of Northwestern University's Associated Student Government are contained in 31 boxes. The original collection spans the years 1969 to 1998; several additions extend the coverage to 2007. The bulk of the records consist of Senate legislation and minutes, as well as the work of smaller committees. The records are divided into several subseries: Organic Documents, Legislation, Minutes and Agendas, Membership Records, Committees.
Abstract The Edith W. Cooke scrapbook spans the years 1907 through 1913 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1910 through 1911. It offers a glimpse into the social life of a young woman on campus during those years, and especially highlights the activities of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. The materials include invitations, dance cards, party favors and name tags from many social events on campus, including those held by the sorority. The scrapbook also contains several pages of calling...
Abstract The Ronald Craig Papers (Series No. 31/6/222) consist of one box of 100 photographs and 4.09 gigabytes of digitized photographs taken by College of Arts and Sciences and School of Law alumnus Ronald Lucius Craig, dating from 1971 to 1976, and accompanying documentation created in 2021.
Dates: 1971-1974, 2021-2022 and undated
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract This collection consists of dance cards from events spanning the years 1903 - 1935. The majority of dance sponsors were fraternities and sororities. However, there are also dance cards from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Prom in addition.
Dates: 1903-1935, 1944-1949
Abstract Hermit and Crow was an all-male theatre organization that was active at Northwestern University from 1914 until roughly 1924. The Hermit and Crow Collection is a sparse aggregation of all materials relating to the group from the Northwestern University Archives general files. The collection is predominantly clippings from various newspapers, clippings from the Northwestern yearbook (Syllabus), and songbooks and programs from the group's shows.
Dates: 1914 - 1971; Other: Majority of material found within 1914 - 1925
Abstract The Hillel organization was founded in Champaign, Illinois, in 1923 and ten years later was established at Northwestern University. Hillel engages Jewish students by providing cultural and community opportunities at the University and abroad.
Dates: 1939 - 2008; Other: Majority of material found within 1981 - 2008; Other: Date acquired: 06/07/2010
Abstract Mayde Joss served as housemother for Northwestern's chapter of Phi Delta Theta, a fraternity located the campus of Northwestern University, from 1947 to 1973. The Mayde Joss collection consists of 33 small format black-and-white photographic prints and 13 35mm color slides. The photographs appear to date from the late 1940s or early 1950s, Joss’s early years as housemother for Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Dates: circa late 1940s-early 1950s
Abstract This series, filling one and one-half boxes, is comprised of the surviving records of the Lydians. The records span the years from 1933 to 1973 but are quite inconsistent. They cluster mainly within the periods 1933-1938, 1946-1947, and 1959-1969. There are no materials documenting Lydian activities during the club's first twenty years. The series includes: general correspondence and reports, financial records, and social activities files.General correspondence and reports span the...
Abstract The Mee-ow Show, an annual Northwestern University student-run comedy revue and improvisation show, was created as an alternative to NU's long-running student-produced Waa-Mu Show. The first Mee-ow Show was performed in spring, 1974. The records span the years 1974-2004, with a significant portion of the material from the first show. Records vary from year to year, and may include scripts, programs, audition flyers and forms, budget information, clippings and cast information.
Abstract The Men's Interhouse Council (MIC) was an organization of representatives from each of Northwestern University's “open,” or independent, men's housing units, hence, it served as a counterpart to the Interfraternity Council. This series consists of records of the Men's Interhouse Council. Among the records are copies of constitutions, beginning with the one adopted on March 10, 1932, and including a number of subsequent revisions.The MIC records also include minutes of meetings held between...
Abstract Mortar Board was founded at Syracuse, New York, in 1918 as a national college honorary society for senior women. In 1921, members of Cap and Tassel, a senior women's honorary at Northwestern University, petitioned Mortar Board for a local chapter, which was granted. The records of the Northwestern chapter of Mortar Board fills two and one-half boxes and dates between 1922 and 1965. It consists of membership records maintained on index cards. Cards feature the names (sometimes both maiden and...
Abstract Collection consists of the records of National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), predominantly of the Northwestern University Chapter of NSBE, spanning two boxes and dating from 1981-1982 and 1992-2008.
Dates: 1981-1982, 1992-2008
Abstract The Northwestern Students for a Better Environment records cover the activities of a group of students and faculty at Northwestern University to gain regional and national attention in their fight against pollution. The collection contains mainly flyers and posters, press releases, publications, clippings, and materials on the "Project Survival", "Earth Day" and "Sun Week." The collection spans the years from 1969 through 2010.
Dates: 1969 - 2010; Other: Majority of material found within 1969 - 1978; Other: Date acquired: 02/07/1979
Abstract Collection consists of records of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA), dating from circa 1968 to 2018, including approximately 1.6 linear feet (4 boxes) and 36.3 gigabytes of born-digital files of organization records, photographs, audiovisual recordings, and artifacts.
Dates: circa 1968-2018
Abstract This series, filling one half-size box and spanning the years from 1963 through 1969, is comprised of records generated and maintained by presidents and other officers of the Northwestern University Evening Student Council (N.U.E.S.C.).
Abstract The Northwestern University Outing Club was founded by Ellie Reed Lewis in the fall of 1965. The purpose of the club was to encourage students to get involved in a variety of outdoor activities. The NUOC also by encouraged students to gain leadership skills and to become environmental activists. The Records of the Northwestern University Outing Club fill one box and span the years 1965 to 1980. The materials consist of committee records and newsletters and are arranged chronologically.
Abstract NUBIA (Northwestern University Black-Wimmin In Action) was established in October 1990 to address the needs of African-American women--faculty, staff, and students--at Northwestern University. The records of NUBIA, filling one box and spanning the years 1990-2001, document the foundation and major activities of the organization. They consist of organizational documents, meeting agendas and minutes, membership lists, activities announcements and handouts, general and activities-related...
Abstract Collection consists of the records of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, dating from 1963 to 2013, including organizational records of individual sororities and fraternities, records of the Panhellenic Association, recruitment records, records of Greek housing and residential life, and files on inter-chapter issues and activities.
- Subject: College students--Societies and clubs X
- College students--Societies and clubs 24
- Women college students--Societies and clubs 7
- College student government 6
- Greek letter societies 5
- African American college students 3
- African American college students--Societies and clubs 3
- College students--Social life and customs 3
- College musicals 2
- College students 2
- African American engineers 1
- African American photographers 1
- Dance cards 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Engineering students 1
- Engineering--Societies, etc. 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Improvisation (Acting)--Societies, etc. 1
- Jewish college students--Societies and clubs 1
- Musicals 1
- Performing arts--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Performing arts--Societies, etc. 1
- Pollution 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Women college students 1
- Women college students--Religious life 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 22
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Arts Alliance (Northwestern University) 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Craig, Ronald L. 1
- For Members Only 1
- Hermit and Crow 1
- Joss, Mayde, 1900-1987 1
- Lydians (Organization) 1
- Mack, Raymond W. 1
- Mee-Ow Show (Northwestern University) 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- NU Outing Club 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.) 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Northwestern Hillel 1
- Northwestern Students for a Better Environment 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Associated Student Government 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Division of Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Student Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Men's Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Governing Board 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Senate 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Black Alumni Association 1
- Northwestern University Black-Wimmin in Action 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Illinois Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Epsilon Pi. Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Rogers Debating Society 1
- Triangle Fraternity. Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Trig Committee 1
- Trig Cremation 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Northwestern University Chapter) 1
- Zeta Beta Tau (Fraternity) 1 ∧ less