Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract The Wallace W. Douglas Papers fill 22 boxes. The papers include biographical materials as well as materials covering education, correspondence, teaching, research, professional associations, speeches and publications.
Abstract This series, arranged in nine boxes, spans the years from 1945 through 1982. The series is divided into four subseries: departmental correspondence; budget records; general files; and assistantship, fellowship, and scholarship files. The departmental correspondence dates between 1961 and 1982. The departmental correspondence is largely administrative in nature. The budget records span the period 1962-1970. These records deal almost exclusively with departmental salary and budget planning...
Abstract This series contains The College Of Arts And Sciences, English Department General Files from 1930 - 1964.
Abstract Jean Howard Hagstrum taught English Literature at Northwestern University from 1940 until his retirement in 1981. His extensive papers document his educational, teaching, administrative, and scholarly career.
Abstract The Robert D. Mayo Papers span the years 1920 to 1998. The bulk of the papers consist of Northwestern University-related correspondence, and lecture and research notes. The series is divided into six subseries: biographical materials, correspondence, teaching files, research notes, papers, and publications. Mayo’s research interests included 17th and 18th century English periodicals, the novel in 18th and 19th century England and 20th century America, Gothic Fiction, 20th century...
Abstract Ernest Samuels entered the University of Chicago as a pre-law student in 1919. He received a Bachelor of Philosophy in Law and French in 1923 and immediately entered the University of Chicago Law School. In 1930 he then returned to Chicago to pursue a long standing interest in literature. From January to August 1931 he resumed his studies at the University of Chicago, this time in the English Department. After holding several academic positions, Samuels was appointed Instructor of English in...
- Subject: English literature--Study and teaching (Higher)--Illinois--Evanston X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English--Faculty 3
- Adams, Henry, 1838-1918 1
- Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bode, Carl, 1911-1993 1
- Boorstin, Daniel J. (Daniel Joseph), 1914-2004 1
- Douglas, Wallace W. (Wallace Warner), 1914-1995 1
- Ellmann, Richard, 1918-1987 1
- Elmen, Paul 1
- Hagstrum, Jean H. 1
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 1
- Kunitz, Stanley, 1905-2006 1
- Mayo, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-1998 1
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-2012 1
- Modern Language Association of America 1
- Nevins, Allan, 1890-1971 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Faculty Planning Committee 1
- O'Faoláin, Seán, 1900-1991 1
- Roethke, Theodore, 1908-1963 1
- Rosenwald, Lessing J. (Lessing Julius), 1891-1979 1
- Rumsfeld, Donald, 1932- 1
- Samuels, Ernest, 1903-1996 1
- Spender, Stephen, 1909-1995 1
- Thurber, James, 1894-1961 1
- Toynbee, Arnold, 1889-1975 1
- Trilling, Lionel, 1905-1975 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Yates, Sidney Richard, 1909-2000 1 ∧ less