Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Judith Levi Papers fill nineteen boxes, spanning the years 1969 to 2000. The bulk of the records consist of professional files accumulated during her work both in the Linguistics Department of Northwestern University and with other organizations and linguists between the years 1972 and 2000. The records are divided into Biographical Materials, Professional Files, Correspondence, Teaching Files, Linguistics Department Files, and Presentations and Publications Materials. Levi's main research...
Dates: 1969 - 2000; Other: Majority of material found within 1972 - 2000
Abstract The records of the Linguistics Department fill ten and one-half boxes, span the period 1963-2004, and are divided into ten different categories. The Department of linguistics grew rapidly during the second half of the twentieth century within the College of Arts and Sciences. From its origin, the department has focused its curricular offerings on applied linguistics, formal and computational linguistics, lexicography, and the languages of Africa. The administrative files of department chair...
Abstract Leon Moses (1924-2013), was a professor in the Department of Economics at Northwestern University and served as faculty member in the Transportation Center. Rae Moses (1935-2013) was a faculty member in the Linguistics Department at Northwestern University, and held the positions of Director of the Women's Studies Program and Assistant Dean of Arts and Sciences. The Leon and Rae Moses Collection comprises 5 boxes and features teaching and research materials, correspondence, and writings.
Collection — Box: 2
Abstract Oswald Werner joined the faculty of Northwestern in 1963 and remained until his retirement in 1998. His research focused on linguistics as well as cultural anthropology, particularly as they related to the Navajo. The Oswald Werner Papers fill forty-one boxes and span the years 1959 to 2007. They are arranged into six major categories: biographical materials, correspondence, Northwestern University general files, Northwestern University teaching materials, grants files, and publications.
- Subject: Linguistics--Study and teaching X
- Anthropology--Study and teaching 1
- Economics--Study and teaching 1
- English language--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Linguistics Department 2
- Levi, Judith N. 1
- Moses, Leon N., 1924-2013 1
- Moses, Rae, 1935-2013 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Anthropology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Ethnographic Field School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Program of African Studies 1
- Werner, Oswald 1 ∧ less