Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Adelphic Society records are comprised of two volumes of secretary's minutes, one from January 19, 1877 to September 25, 1885, and the other from September 25, 1885 to March 17, 1893. Membership rolls can be found at the end of the first volume and the beginning of the second
Founded in 1855, Hinman Society was the first literary society at Northwestern University. These records consist of 2 volumes of minutes and 1 volume documenting the Society's library.
The Study Club, a women's literary circle, met weekly from 1896 - 1970 for the purpose of "study and mutual improvement." It was based in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. Each year the group selected a topic for study and each member then wrote an extended paper about a facet of the topic. At each meeting one of these papers was read to the group.
- Subject: Literature--Societies, etc. X
- Northwestern University Archives 3
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 1
- Hyde Park (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Preparatory school students--Societies and clubs 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- Adelphic Literary Society (Northwestern University) 1
- Cragg, Miriam Thomas, 1882-1977 1
- Hinman Literary Society 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Northwestern University Academy--Students 1