Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Methodist minister Clark Titus Hinman was elected the first President of Northwestern University in 1853, but died before the University opened in 1855. This artificial collection consists of biographical material and correspondence postdating his life; there is also one original sermon.
Abstract The Charles Pearson Family Papers document the life and career of Charles W. Pearson, Northwestern alumnus and faculty member (professor and department chair in the Department of English), as well as the lives of several family members. The collection is organized on a genealogical principle: the papers of Charles W. Pearson come first, those of his six children second, and finally the papers of Hadath and French families (related branches of the Pearson family). The description of the...
Abstract The Edmund Perry Papers fill three boxes and span 1953 to 1999. The bulk of the papers consist of Perry's correspondence, both personal and departmental, from the 1970s. Highlights of the collection include Perry's correspondence with religious leaders from around the world regarding the Department of Religion's comparative religions focus and their own religious faiths. Building this program was a primary interest of Perry's throughout his long career at Northwestern and much of the...
Abstract The University Chaplain is the coordinator of religious affairs and acts as a liaison between more than fifteen Protestant denominational, Roman Catholic, and Jewish religious groups represented at the University. The records of the University Chaplain are comprised of general correspondence documenting the activities of a number of campus religious groups and organizations including: the University Board of Religion, Campus Religious Counselors, the University Chapel Association, Chapel Board...
- Subject: Methodist Church--Clergy X
- Bible--Criticism, interpretation, etc. 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Literature--Study and teaching 1
- Religions--Study and teaching 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Conscientious objectors--Services for 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Dunlop, Ralph G. (Ralph Gordon), 1915-1995 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Religion 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the University Chaplains 1
- Pearson family 1
- Pearson, C. W. (Charles William), 1846-1905 1
- Perry, Edmund F. 1 ∧ less