Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview The Marion Bard Corbet music manuscripts consist of all known musical works of the late Marion Bard Corbett (1915-1972), a Northwestern University alumna and Chicago-area composer. Included in this collection are music manuscripts, copies and published music scores, sketches, drafts, notebooks and other papers by Corbett.
Dates: Existence: Acquired circa 1975
Overview The Richard Czerwonky Music Manuscripts and Papers contains manuscript and published scores of violinist, composer and conductor Richard Czerwonky (1886-1949) as well as a small subset of personal papers, writing and ephemera. Czerwonky was a prolific Chicago-based composer and conductor of German-birth who was active in the early decades of twentieth century and an influential figure in Chicago's classical music scene.
Dates: 1902 - 1949
Identifier: di Bonaventura
Overview The Mario di Bonaventura papers and scores collection consists of correspondence, notes and other papers, programs, sound recordings, marked conducting scores, published scores and books, and music manuscript scores in di Bonaventura’s possession. A small collection of materials related to Italian composer Luciana Berio are also found within this collection.
Dates: 1872 - 2010; Majority of material found within 1960 - 1990
Overview A collection of predominantly music manuscripts and scores with some papers by composer and former Northwestern University School of Music professor Wesley La Violette.
Dates: 1913 - 1978
Overview The Ariadna Mikéshina Music Manuscripts and Papers comprise a collection of the Russian-born emigre composer’s music in manuscript and published editions as well as some programs, notes and correspondence documenting her career. Mikéshina composed songs, works for solo piano, solo instruments with piano accompaniment as well as works for chamber ensembles, orchestra and music for ballet and plays.
Dates: 1917 - 1982
Overview The collection consists of music manuscript scores, music notebooks and lecture notebooks by former Northwestern University School of Music professor Albert Noelte. A few accompanying papers documenting either Noelte's career, background or tenure at Northwestern are also included.
Dates: 1885 - 1946
- Subject: Orchestral music X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music 2
- Associated Music Publishers 1
- Berio, Luciano, 1925-2003 1
- Boston University. College of Music 1
- Chicago Philharmonic Orchestra 1
- Congregation of the Arts 1
- Corbett, Marion Bard, 1915-1972 1
- Czerwonky, Richard, 1886-1949 1
- Dallapiccola, Luigi, 1904-1975 1
- Di Bonaventura, Anthony 1
- Di Bonaventura, Mario, 1924-2017 1
- G. Schirmer, Inc. 1
- Ginastera, Alberto, 1916-1983 1
- Henze, Hans Werner, 1926-2012 1
- Kodály, Zoltán, 1882-1967 1
- La Violette, Wesley, 1894-1978 1
- Ligeti, György, 1923-2006 1
- Lutosławski, Witold, 1913-1994 1
- Mikeshina, Ariadna, 1900-1982 1
- Milhaud, Darius, 1892-1974 1
- Noelte, A. Albert, 1885-1946 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Piston, Walter, 1894-1976 1
- Woman's Symphony Orchestra of Chicago 1 ∧ less