Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract The Bear was the annual publication of the senior class of the Evanston Academy (a preparatory school run by Northwestern University). It appeared regularly from 1907 through 1917. The Bear provides a record of student life at the Evanston Academy. In addition to detailing notable events and extracurricular activities, it serves as a chronologically-organized profile of the student body. The Bear...
Dates: approximately 1968 - approximately 1978
Abstract The Outsider magazine edited and published by Jon and Louise Webb of Loujon Press served as a vehicle for the early writings of avant-garde authors and Beat Generation poets of the 1960s such as Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Gary Snyder, Charles Bukowsky, William Burroughs, Charles Olson, Louis Zukofsky, Norman Mailer, Diane DiPrima and Henry Miller.
Abstract The records of Northwestern Engineer (a quarterly published by students at Northwestern University's Technological Institute) fill one box. The records span the period 1942-1982 although the bulk date from the 1960s. Included are scattered runs of correspondence, memoranda, minutes of the magazine's Editorial Board and Board of Control, budgets and financial records, and related materials.
Abstract The Northwestern University Archives' collection of audiotape recordings from the Reviewing Stand radio program dates from 1959 to 1985. The primary purpose of the Reviewing Stand was to broadcast thoughtful, stimulating discussions relating to politics, public policy, world affairs, and issues of national and local significance.
Dates: 1959 - 1985
Abstract The James M. O'Neill files contain correspondence, pamphlets, and circulars which were collected by Mr. O'Neill during his presidency of the National Association of Academic Teachers of Public Speaking in 1915, and during his six years as editor of the Quarterly Journal of Public Speaking and the Quarterly Journal of Speech Education, 1915 - 1920.
Dates: 1915 - 1920
Abstract Established in 1958 as a Northwestern University campus magazine, TriQuarterly took its name from the frequency of its publication schedule: one issue for each academic quarter of the year. Early issues of TriQuarterly featured essays, stories, and poems by regular and visiting Northwestern faculty, students, and associates of the University. In 1964 TriQuarterly shifted its editorial focus from humanities to a literary format. It quickly gained a broad reputation for innovation and has been...
Abstract This series consists of administrative and financial records of three publications affiliated with the Northwestern University School of Law: the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, the Journal of Air Law and Commerce, and the Journal of Radio Law. The combined records date between 1910 and 1970.
Abstract The TriQuarterly Administrative Records span the years 1964 to 1997 and fill 21 boxes. Files cover a wide range of material. Budgets, internal reviews, and correspondence with bookstores and distributors are all included. The bulk of the files, however, concern funding requests to various foundations and grant-making organizations, most notably the Illinois Arts Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Lila Wallace Reader's Digest Fund, and the John D....
- Subject: Periodicals X
- Northwestern University Archives 7
- Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections 2
- Melville J. Herskovits Library of African Studies 1
- Periodicals 6
- Northwestern University on the air. Reviewing stand 2
- TriQuarterly 2
- Africa--History--Periodicals 1
- American literature--20th century 1
- American poetry--20th century 1
- Current events--Periodicals 1
- Engineering--Periodicals 1
- Engineering--United States 1
- International journal of African historical studies 1
- Journal of air law and commerce 1
- Journal of criminal law and criminology 1
- Journal of radio law 1
- Outsider (New Orleans, La.) 1
- Preparatory school students--Periodicals 1
- Preparatory schools--Periodicals 1
- Public speaking 1
- Quarterly journal of speech education 1
- Radio addresses, debates, etc.--Periodicals 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Periodicals 4
- TriQuarterly 2
- Evanston Academy 1
- Evanston Academy--Periodicals 1
- Loujon Press 1
- National Association of Academic Teachers of Public Speaking (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Northwestern Engineering Student Council--Periodicals 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 1
- O'Neill, James M. (James Milton), 1881-1970 1 ∧ less