Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview Northwestern professor of physics Robert J. Cashman's papers fills 19 boxes and span the period 1929-1988. The papers are organized in six main categories: biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, research and consulting files, and publications.
Abstract The Henry Crew Papers are arranged in two main categories: correspondence and diaries. Three folders of biographical materials precede the correspondence. Four folders of notebooks and one folder of publications and bibliographies follow the diaries. The papers richly document Crew's career and personal life from his graduate school days in the 1880's to his death at age 93 in 1953. Crew was an important figure in the development of experimental physics in the United States, as well as an...
Abstract Fisher was a professor of physics at Northwestern University. His research interests included atomic structure and atomic spectroscopy (especially hyperfine structure and nuclear magnetic moments), physical optics, and nuclear structure and nuclear spectroscopy (“Low energy”).The Russell A. Fisher Papers fill seven boxes and span the period 1928-1988. The Papers are organized in six categories: biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, research files, and...
Overview Arthur J. Freeman, 1930-2016, was a solid-state theorist interested in the electronic and magnetic properties of rare-earth and other transition metals. He was well known among solid-state experimentalists for his work on hyperfine interactions in transition metals.
Abstract The Clarence J. Overbeck Papers fill one and one half boxes, spanning the years 1933 to 1997. The bulk of the records consist of biographical materials, speeches, and lectures from his many years as a physics professor.Much additional biographical material is supplied by two autobiographies. The published proceedings from conferences on training lab assistants, on creating lab experiments, and on lecture demonstrations (held at Northwestern University, the University of Connecticut Wesleyan...
- Subject: Physics--Study and teaching X
- Brashear, John A. (John Alfred), 1840-1920 1
- Cashman, Robert J., 1906-1988 1
- Crew, Henry, 1859-1953 1
- Fisher, Russell A. (Russell Arden), 1904-2000 1
- Freeman, Arthur J. 1
- Hale, G. E. (George Ellery), 1913-1990 1
- Michelson, Albert A. (Albert Abraham), 1852-1931 1
- Millikan, Robert Andrews, 1868-1953 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Physics and Astronomy 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Physics--Faculty 1
- Overbeck, C. J. (Clarence Jacob), 1901-1997 1
- Rowland, Henry Augustus, 1848-1901 1
- Rutherford, Ernest, 1871-1937 1 ∧ less