Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Kenneth Wallace Colegrove was a professor of political science at Northwestern University. He served as editor for the Institute of Fiscal and Political Education in New York and was a member of the editorial board of Amerasia, a review of American and Asian affairs. His research and writings centered on modern governments, politics, and law, particularly Japanese political customs, geopolitics and totalitarianism, international aviation law, and treaty making and world peace. His papers...
Dates: Other: Majority of material found within 1917 - 1954
Abstract The papers of William Crotty (professor of political science, 1966-1995) span the years 1967-1995, with the bulk of the materials dating between 1967 and 1980 and consisting of teaching files for his courses in Political Science from 1967 to 1978. Biographical and correspondence files are also included.
Abstract In 1957 Farrell came to Northwestern as associate professor of political science. Ten years later he was promoted to professor, the title he held until his death in 1991. The R. Barry Farrell Papers fill sixteen boxes, spanning the period 1947-1992. Most of the material dates from 1960 to 1985. The papers are organized in six main categories: biographical materials, correspondence, teaching files, research files, trip files, and publications, with small amounts under the headings of papers...
Dates: 1947 - 1992; Other: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1985
Abstract Jacob joined the Department of Political Science at Northwestern University in 1969. While at Northwestern he was affiliated with the University's Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research as well as with its Program on Law and the Social Sciences. The Herbert Jacob Papers fill sixteen boxes and although they span the period 1962 to 1996, most material dates between the early 1970s through the early 1980s. The papers are arranged into four broad categories: correspondence files, records...
Dates: 1962 - 1996; Other: Majority of material found within 1970 - 1984
Abstract McGovern joined the political science faculty of Northwestern University in 1929, staying with the University until his retirement in 1964. The William Montgomery McGovern Papers fill five boxes and span the period 1919-1967. They are arranged in five major categories: biographical materials; professional correspondence; manuscripts and notes; class materials; and personal records.
Abstract Minar joined the faculty of Northwestern University in 1958, leaving briefly for the University of Washington in 1968. He returned to Northwestern in 1970 as the Chairman of the Department of Political Science. Minar remained at NU until his death in 1973. The David W. Minar Papers comprise twenty three boxes and are arranged in eleven main subseries: biographical material; graduate school files (University of California, Berkeley); correspondence; teaching files; department chairman's...
Abstract The Roland A. Young papers fill thirty-five boxes and are arranged in nine subseries: biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, research files, professional organizations files, law practice files, speeches, and publications.
- Subject: Political science--Study and teaching X
- Asia--Description and travel 1
- Japan--Politics and government--Study and teaching 1
- Latin America--Description and travel 1
- Law--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 6
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Political Science 6
- American Political Science Association 1
- Bloom, Sol, 1870-1949 1
- Broyles, Paul W., 1896-1974 1
- Colegrove, Kenneth W. (Kenneth Wallace), 1886-1975 1
- Crotty, William J. 1
- Farrell, R. Barry (Robert Barry) 1
- Gale, Esson M. (Esson McDowell), 1884-1964 1
- Hurwitz, Emanuel, 1919-2006 1
- Jacob, Herbert, 1933-1996 1
- Jaffe, Philip J. (Philip Jacob), 1895-1980 1
- Lattimore, Owen, 1900-1989 1
- McCarthy, Joseph, 1908-1957 1
- McGovern, William Montgomery, 1897-1964 1
- Minar, David W. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Metropolitan Studies 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Program of African Studies 1
- Ōyama, Ikuo, 1880-1955 1
- Usdan, Michael D. 1
- Young, Roland, 1910-1977 1 ∧ less