Music--Instruction and study
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Grigg Fountain joined the faculty of Northwestern University's School of Music as professor of Organ and church music in 1961. The Grigg Fountain papers fill one half-size archival box and date from 1961-1986. The bulk of the Papers consist of correspondence, both personal and professional covering the years 1961-73. Also included are one folder each of biographical materials and Northwestern press releases regarding Fountain's music career.
In 1953 Northwestern University's School of Music hired Dorothy Lane, thereby introducing the harpsichord as an area of music studies at Northwestern. Lane later became part-time Associate Professor (1954), full-time Associate Professor (1964), Professor (1978), and Professor Emeritus (1979). The Dorothy Lane Papers consist of five folders of biographical, publicity, correspondence, and student files dating from 1936 to 1994.
The National High School Music Institute was one of seven divisions of Northwestern University’s National High School Institute. The Records of the National High School Music Institute comprise four boxes of photographs, publications, audio recordings and promotional materials.
The School of Music Grade and Lesson Reports comprise 17 boxes of official forms submitted to record either grades or lessons taken by students at Northwestern University's School of Music in the years 1922-1959. Any hand-written or typed addendum reports handed in by a teacher are included, as well as an occasional short letter or note written about a particular student.
This series, comprising one bound volume, includes two main categories of records: a list of graduates of Northwestern University's Department of Music from 1892 through 1895, and a yearly record of Music course grades for students enrolled in the School of Music from 1895/1896 through 1912/1913. Additionally, the volume includes a list of Music students and their course grades for the Summer Session of 1913/1914.