Skip to main content

Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Research and Sponsored Programs

 Organization

Dates

  • Existence: 1971

The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), was established formally at Northwestern University on September 1, 1971, to encourage and administer external financial support for research projects and educational programs. From its inception, ORSP has been charged with the responsibility of aiding the university and individual faculty members in obtaining funding from both public agencies and private foundations. As part of its duties, ORSP has assisted in the preparation and presentation of research and grant proposals.

Administratively, ORSP has functioned under the Vice President for Research and Dean of Science. The first director of the Office was Charles H. Gold, appointed to the position in December, 1971. Gold remained director until leaving Northwestern on December 1, 1978. William J. Gealy succeeded Gold as director on July 1, 1980.

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Records of the Director, Charles H. Gold

 Collection
Identifier: 8/3/1
Abstract The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) was established formally at Northwestern University on September 1, 1971, to encourage and administer external financial support for research projects and educational programs. This series, filling nineteen boxes, comprises the administrative records of the director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. The records are divided into two subseries: general correspondence and subject files. Many materials within the series antedate...
Dates: 1959-1980