[Shoulder traction footage], circa 1961
Scope and Contents
A silent, color film in which a physician or assistant tends to an adult male with a dislocated shoulder. Subject’s arms are directed into different motions before being stretched over an unidentified apparatus. Subject is laid down on a hospital bed with metal apparatus positioned to stretch and straighten arm over it. Film ends abruptly. No intertitle cards provide information, no credits in film.
- circa 1961
- From the Collection: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Committee on Visual Medical Education (Organization)
- From the Collection: Ivy, A. C. (Andrew Conway), 1893-1978 (Person)
- From the Collection: LaRue, Mervin W., 1892-1973 (Person)
- From the Collection: Petrolagar Laboratories (Organization)
- From the Collection: De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access is restricted due to privacy concerns. The Galter Library Access Review Board grants or denies patron access through an application and review process. Contact Galter Library to apply.
Onsite access only.
Conditions Governing Use
Use is restricted due to privacy concerns. The Galter Library Access Review Board grants or denies patron use through an application and review process. Contact Galter Library to apply.
Patrons who intend to use this material in a study will need IRB approval from their home institution if the proposed use includes personally identifiable information.
1 Reels : 03:00 minutes, color, silent, acetate base ; 16mm, 113 ft.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
See accession record 2020-18-125.
Creation date determined from film stock date code.
Part of the Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center Repository
320 E. Superior Ave.
Chicago IL 60611-3008 US