Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915
- Existence: 1836-1915
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Overview An unidentified patient is surrounded by Dr. Black and other prominent dentists, including Dr. C.N. Johnson at the Institute of Dental Pedagogics meeting in 1912 in Chicago, Ill.
Overview The Clinic was located in the former Tremont Hotel at the corner of Lake and Dearborn in the Chicago Loop.
Overview Dr. Black is operating his machine for the grinding of microscopic sections of teeth and bone in his laboratory in the Northwestern University Dental School.
Overview The statue was created by Frederick Hibbard and dedicated in 1918. The larger than life seated figure was originally located in Lincoln Park, just east of the Chicago Historical Society building. This photograph was taken before the statue was relocated to its current site at the head of Astor Street on North Avenue in Lincoln Park.