Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915
- Existence: 1836-1915
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The statue was created by Frederick Hibbard and dedicated in 1918. The larger than life seated figure was originally located in Lincoln Park, just east of the Chicago Historical Society building. This photograph was taken before the statue was relocated to its current site at the head of Astor Street on North Avenue in Lincoln Park.
Scope and Contents The Northwestern University G.V. Black digitized collection contains 43 manuscripts, 100 letters and several photographs covering the period between 1867 and 1915. Some of the more important items in the collection are: correspondence between Dr. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay xlink:from the turn of the century that focus on mottled enamel of teeth and early hypotheses on water and fluoridation; correspondence, program announcements and other memorabilia xlink:from the World Dental Congress...