Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Funds and scholarships
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Associate Dean and Director of the Undergraduate Division of the Business School, Ira D. Anderson (1907-1993) Records
Abstract Anderson joined the faculty of Northwestern University in 1937, and together with Delbert Duncan, established the Graduate Internship program in Retailing and Advertising. Anderson chaired the Marketing Department from 1950-53 and served as Associate Dean and Director of the Undergraduate Division of the Business School from 1953-63. Materials included in the collection document scholarship programs (including the retail service scholarship, the Austin scholarship, the Ford Foundation Grant) as...
Abstract The Records of the Austin Scholarship Program are organized into three subseries: historical/biographical materials, administrative files, and student-related files. Most of the material was collected and saved by James Worthy and reflects his strong commitment to preserving and documenting the history of the scholarship.
Abstract The Methodist Episcopal Church, through its national Board of Education, supported students during their studies at Northwestern. Beginning as early as 1873 the Board of Education provided funds for loans to students. By 1893 substantial numbers of students availed themselves of the opportunity. Northwestern administered the loans and made periodic financial reports to the Board of Education. This series consists of six volumes of student loan disbursement and repayment records spanning...
Abstract This series consists of eighteen post-bound gift ledgers recording gifts received by the University ca. 1850-1945. The information in volumes 1-17 is arranged alphabetically by donor's surname and chronologically by date of gift under each donor's account. Information recorded includes the amount of individual gifts, dates the gifts were received and the intended purpose of the gifts. A single entry format is used. Volume 18 includes trial balances predominately for June 30, 1926 with...
Abstract Due to the induction of students into the armed forces during World War I, the Northwestern University School of Law projected a drop in student enrollment and a concomitant loss of significant tuition revenue. To offset this loss, the School of Law formed a committee to solicit alumni donations to make up an anticipated 1917-1918 revenue shortfall of $10,000. The Committee of Alumni to Co-operate with the Faculty and the Trustees of the University in Advancing the Interests of the Law School,...
Abstract This series consists of seventeen volumes of student aid records; one for each academic year from 1933/34 to 1949/50. The first fifteen volumes are bound and the last two are post bound. The information entered on each page is essentially the same for all volumes, although the arrangement of the volumes varies. At the head of each page is the name of the aid source and the assigned university account number. The name and school of each individual receiving aid from a particular source was...
Abstract This series consists of one volume that records the creation of Northwestern's endowment between 1865 and 1925. The record was apparently compiled in the wake of the 1922-24 “Toward a Greater Northwestern” campaign for the use of the university attorney. The record provides extracts of the minutes of the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee and excerpts from correspondence between donors and university officers. The form and terms of each endowment are set forth and its value is...