Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students
Found in 120 Collections and/or Records:
The materials in the Helen Paddock scrapbook date between 1910 and 1915 and document her social, academic, and family life at Northwestern University. Included are photographs, newspaper clippings, dance cards, and other memorabilia.
Eva Jefferson Paterson (1949- ), a graduate of Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Science class of 1971, is a civil rights attorney. Her collection spans the years 1970-2013 and contains biographical materials, correspondence, interviews, publications, and awards.
Gaspar Perricone played a key role on Northwestern’s winning 1949 Rose Bowl-winning team. The Papers document his football career at Northwestern, with an emphasis on the 1949 Rose Bowl.
The Philosophy Department administrative records date from 1959-1984. Records included in the series are budget statements, course planning materials, Evening Division and Summer Session materials relating to the department, faculty and staff materials, grade reports, lists of students majoring in philosophy, departmental meeting minutes, departmental memoranda, general correspondence, and quarterly reports.
This series is comprised of Philosophy Department graduate admission records for the period 1982-1984. Individual files generally include one or more of the following: applications for admission and financial aid, letters of recommendation, grade transcripts, Graduate Record Examination reports, graduate admission office evaluation forms, and pertinent correspondence. Students' writing samples may be found occasionally in the files.
Melvin A. Pingree was a Northwestern University student in the 1860s. His photograph collection contains carte-de-visite photographs of Northwestern students and faculty, as well as Civil War soldiers and officers.
Sociologist, educator, and university dean and vice president, James P. Pitts (1944- ) received his B.A. in Political Science and M.A., and Ph.D. in Sociology from Northwestern University. His papers fill 7 boxes, and span the years 1961 to 2013. Composed of newspaper clippings, press releases, curricula vitae, correspondences, and published work, the papers contain Pitts' writings, awards, and a scrapbook and jersey from his time at Northwestern.
Mary Scriver attended Northwestern University from 1958-1961 and was a student of Alvina Krause, Associate Professor of Dramatic Production, 1957-1961. Her papers are directly related to her experience as a student of Krause, consisting of class notes and writings, and later, correspondence with classmates and friends associated with Krause. The Mary Scriver Papers fill five boxes and span the years from 1950-2012.
The Lewis Elmer Sims Papers contain information, primarily corresondence, regarding Sims' time at the Northwestern University Preparatory School and Northwestern University (1874-1877).
Chapin Hall was erected in 1901 on property owned by Northwestern University, with funds provided by Dr. O.K. Pearsons. Pearsons stipulated that the new dormitory at 726 University Place be put in the charge of the Women's Educational Association to house up to 60 financially disadvantaged women. This series consists chiefly of records of Chapin Hall's financial transactions from 1968 to 1975.
The series consists of 35-mm color negatives made by Northwestern University student photographers, from approximately 1993 to 1996. At least some of the student photographers whose work is included here were affiliated with the Northwestern annual, Syllabus.
The Student Protests and Strikes Collection consists of diverse materials that document political demonstrations and protests organized by students, spanning from August 1965 through October 1979. Each event included in this collection documents a segment of the history of Northwestern students' political activism.
- College students 64
- Photographs 38
- Football players 12
- Women college students 12
- Football 11
- College students--Social life and customs 7
- African American college students 6
- Women college students--Social life and customs 5
- College students--Societies and clubs 4
- Student movements 4
- College students--Housing 3
- Dental students 3
- Greek letter societies 3
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 3
- African American college students--Societies and clubs 2
- African American student movements 2
- Baseball 2
- Baseball players 2
- Basketball 2
- Basketball players 2
- College students--Political activity 2
- Deans (Education) 2
- Dormitories--Administration 2
- Protest movements 2
- Swimmers 2
- Swimming 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college athletes 1
- African American college teachers 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American photographers 1
- Asexual people 1
- Bisexual college students 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College athletes 1
- College chaplains 1
- College students -- Recruiting 1
- College students--Attitudes 1
- College students--Conduct of life 1
- College students--Rating of 1
- College students--Religious life 1
- College students--Scholarships, fellowships, etc. 1
- College students--Social conditions 1
- Dance cards 1
- Dance marathons--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Divers 1
- Diving 1
- Educational evaluation--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Race relations 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Food trucks--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Football coaches 1
- Football uniforms 1
- Gay college students 1
- Graduate students 1
- Greek letter societies--Finance 1
- Hispanic American college students 1
- History--Study and teaching 1
- Intelligence officers 1
- Intelligence officers--Recruiting 1
- Intersex people 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lesbian college students 1
- Nursing students 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Race relations 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Student aid--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Student strikes 1
- Students -- Civil rights 1
- Tennis 1
- Tennis players 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Transgender college students 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less